    Regards

    Peter

    , May 5, 2005

  2. Paul Guest

    Check out http://www.voip-info.org, click on the asterisk section.
    You'll find lots of useful information.
    You may also want to take a look at asterisk@home
    (http://asteriskathome.sf.net)
    It's a single CD package that will install an OS, Asterisk and various other
    tools, enough to get a beginner started.

    Good luck

    Paul, May 5, 2005

  3. Miguel Cruz Guest

    Peter <> wrote:
    > However, some of the "features" listed for asterix at
    >
    > http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features
    >
    > are meaningless to the lay person - does anyone have a translation of
    > what they mean.

    Which ones in particular?

    miguel

    Miguel Cruz, May 6, 2005
  4. Rick Merrill Guest

    Miguel Cruz wrote:
    > Peter <> wrote:
    >
    >>However, some of the "features" listed for asterix at
    >>
    >>http://www.asterisk.org/index.php?menu=features
    >>
    >>are meaningless to the lay person - does anyone have a translation of
    >>what they mean.

    > Which ones in particular?

    "Features" like "Dundi" should not be advertized to users:
    I would think that routing issues and methods should be
    transparent/invisible to end users.

    Rick Merrill, May 6, 2005
  5. Zebedee Guest

    Don't worry about things like DUNDI. Not relevant to a home or even an
    enterprise user.

    Zebedee, May 7, 2005
  6. Rick Merrill Guest

    Zebedee wrote:
    > Don't worry about things like DUNDI. Not relevant to a home or even an
    > enterprise user.

    That is what I said.

    Rick Merrill, May 7, 2005