fdisk

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by =?Utf-8?B?dG9yY2hpZQ==?=, Jun 17, 2005.

  1. On new sata drives for a raid 0, when do you fdisk the drives? sorry I'm new
    at this and trying this for the frist time...

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9yY2hpZQ==?=, Jun 17, 2005

  2. You install the drives. You let them be configured as a RAID 0 by the
    controller. (Note: RAID 0 is not RAID at all, in fact the opposite. By
    striping your drives you actually increase your exposure to catastrophic
    failure.)

    Now, you insert the bootable CD in the drive, boot to the Windows
    installation screen. You'll get prompted to create partitions in that new
    drive.

    --
    Charlie.

    Charlie Russel - MVP, Jun 17, 2005

  3. Thanks. This is the frist time for me..

    Greg

    =?Utf-8?B?dG9yY2hpZQ==?=, Jun 18, 2005