    How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?

    Tanks for your answer or comment.

    Pedro
    P.J. de Bruijn, Sep 29, 2004

  2. P.J. de Bruijn

    Trent SC Guest

    Can you create a bootable CD and do the business from there?

    Trent SC, Sep 29, 2004

  3. P.J. de Bruijn

    Jerry G. Guest

    You should invest in the floppy drive that goes with your machine, or at
    least a universal USB type. If not, you will one day get in to problems
    due to the lack of it.

    --

    Jerry G.
    ======

    Jerry G., Sep 29, 2004
  4. P.J. de Bruijn

    Jamco Guest

    no need for a floppy drive can run just about everything from a bootable cd

    Jamco, Sep 29, 2004
  5. P.J. de Bruijn

    TT Guest

    On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:04:43 +0200, P.J. de Bruijn <>
    wrote:

    > I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
    > How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
    >
    > Tanks for your answer or comment.
    >
    > Pedro
    >
    > What OS are you running? Why the need for an Fdisk operation? If
    > you're not running XP, you are probably going to find that the easiest
    > solution is to get a USB floppy drive(there are other solutions that are
    > more difficult and maybe even not feasible if your bios doesn't support
    > booting off of your USB port...

    Besides, won't whatever OS you are going to put back onto that laptop
    have it's own way of partitioning? Again, if it's a DOS based OS-see
    above floppy suggestion...if possible, a Partitioning software may be of
    assistance-like Partition Magic or even XP Pro's own clunky disk
    management might help some...

    TT, Sep 29, 2004
  6. P.J. de Bruijn

    Shane Sells Guest

    Use 98 cd to boot, then boot to dos via menu with cd support, then access
    fdisk via cd. I would ignore the others as they have not aswered your
    question and seen to have shares in companies that sell usb floppy dives.
    also if you search the net you can learn to make a bootable cd

    "Trent SC" <> wrote in message
    > Can you create a bootable CD and do the business from there?
    >
    >> I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
    >> How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
    >>
    >> Tanks for your answer or comment.

    ---
    Shane Sells, Sep 30, 2004
  7. On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:15:02 -0400, TT <> wrote:

    >On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 14:04:43 +0200, P.J. de Bruijn <>
    >wrote:
    >
    >> I own a laptop, which does not have a floppy-drive.
    >> How can I run fdisk, to rearrange the partitions?
    >>
    >> Tanks for your answer or comment.
    >>
    >> Pedro

    Try this. I use it all the time on computers without a floppy.
    (assuming you can burn a CD)
    It is Linux based (I think) but you can use it to created partitions
    of most popular typs. Anyway, read through the site and make sure this
    is what you need. Also, back up any important data, running fdisk or
    any other partitioning program will wipe out anything on the
    partitions you change.

    http://www.ultimatebootcd.com/

    p.s. A computer without a floppy drive is like a donkey without a lawn
    mower :)

    5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.
    Utterer.com.net.org, Sep 30, 2004