  1. John Bahran

    John Bahran Guest

    Is there fdisk in xp? If not what is the quivalent?

    John Bahran, Dec 28, 2003

  2. John Bahran

    philo Guest

    "John Bahran" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Is there fdisk in xp? If not what is the quivalent?

    disk management

    it's in administrative tools

    philo, Dec 28, 2003

  3. John Bahran

    Patrick Guest

    John Bahran wrote:
    > Is there fdisk in xp? If not what is the quivalent?

    Thiere is not 'fdisk' in XP

    Below is the equivalent as far as I know
    The help (diskpart /?) dosen't say what the 'script' might consist of !

    It would probably be best to use the XP disk-management.

    DiskPart syntax:
    diskpart [/s <script>] [/?]
    /s <script> - Use a DiskPart script.
    /? - Show this help screen.

    Patrick, Dec 28, 2003
  4. John Bahran

    Patrick Guest

    John Bahran wrote:
    > Is there fdisk in xp? If not what is the quivalent?

    In 'Help and Support'
    In the search box, enter, "diskpart"
    (use/select 'full text search')

    Extract from above search;

    Diskpart
    Creates and deletes partitions on a hard drive. The diskpart command is only
    available when you are using the Recovery Console.

    diskpart [/add | /delete] [device_name | drive_name | partition_name] [size]

    Patrick, Dec 28, 2003