    This computer is running win2k now but I am deleting the present info on the
    drive, and going to install windows98.

    Thanks again appreciate it.

    skidaddy, Dec 27, 2003

  2. skidaddy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    skidaddy posted ...

    > Now can you give me some help on what options I must choose in the
    > fdisk operation.
    >
    > This computer is running win2k now but I am deleting the present info
    > on the drive, and going to install windows98.

    http://tinyurl.com/ac4a

    "
    How to Use the Fdisk Tool and the Format Tool to Partition or Repartition a
    Hard Disk
    Applies To
    SUMMARY
    This article describes the Fdisk and Format tools and how to use them to
    partition or repartition a hard disk. This article describes the following
    topics:

    a.. How to Use the Fdisk and Format Tools
    b.. Important Considerations Before You Use the Fdisk and Format Tools
    c.. How to Partition and Format a Master Hard Disk
    d.. How to Partition and Format a Slave Hard Disk
    e.. How to Repartition and Format the Extended Partition and Logical
    Drives of a Hard Disk
    f.. Frequently Asked Questions "

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 27, 2003

  3. skidaddy

    hEE Hee Guest

    FOR THOSE with a partition with NTFS instead of FAT32?????? you can not
    delete NTFS partition in FDISK you need to download a free program
    called delpart.exe http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm
    it will delete the NTFS partition.

    hEE Hee, Dec 27, 2003
  4. skidaddy

    skidaddy Guest

    Thanks for that tip.

    skidaddy, Dec 27, 2003
  5. skidaddy

    DH Guest

    To delete NTFS partition with FDISK.......All you have to do is delete "NON
    DOS partition".

    DH, Dec 27, 2003
  6. skidaddy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    hEE Hee posted ...

    > FOR THOSE with a partition with NTFS instead of FAT32?????? you can
    > not delete NTFS partition in FDISK you need to download a free program
    > called delpart.exe http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm
    > it will delete the NTFS partition.

    You're wrong ...

    NTFS is seen as a non-dos partition and can easily be deleted and
    re-formatted to FAT16 or FAT32.

    From an MS knowledgebase article, somewhat related ..

    "If a primary partition is set to NTFS, Fdisk recognizes the partition as a
    non-DOS partition in Windows 95, and recognizes the partition as NTFS in
    Windows 95 OEM Service Release 2 (OSR2) and in Windows 98. "

    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 27, 2003
  7. skidaddy

    Frank Guest

    "hEE Hee" <> wrote in message

    > FOR THOSE with a partition with NTFS instead of FAT32?????? you can not
    > delete NTFS partition in FDISK you need to download a free program
    > called delpart.exe http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm
    > it will delete the NTFS partition.

    This is untrue....

    FDISK -- Y -- 3 -- 4 = Delete Non-DOS Partition....

    Frank, Dec 28, 2003
  8. skidaddy

    Harrison Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 02:02:50 GMT, "Frank" <> wrote:

    >"hEE Hee" <> wrote in message
    >
    >> FOR THOSE with a partition with NTFS instead of FAT32?????? you can not
    >> delete NTFS partition in FDISK you need to download a free program
    >> called delpart.exe http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm
    >> it will delete the NTFS partition.

    >This is untrue....
    >
    >FDISK -- Y -- 3 -- 4 = Delete Non-DOS Partition....

    Some folks think they need a special program for just about
    everything. Around here, we call them suckers.

    Harrison, Dec 28, 2003
  9. skidaddy

    hEE Hee Guest

    some folks have to have something for anything we call them fuckers!

    "Harrison" <> wrote in message
    | On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 02:02:50 GMT, "Frank" <> wrote:
    |

    | >"hEE Hee" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | >> FOR THOSE with a partition with NTFS instead of FAT32?????? you can
    not
    | >> delete NTFS partition in FDISK you need to download a free program
    | >> called delpart.exe http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm
    | >> it will delete the NTFS partition.
    | >
    | >This is untrue....
    | >
    | >FDISK -- Y -- 3 -- 4 = Delete Non-DOS Partition....
    |
    | Some folks think they need a special program for just about
    | everything. Around here, we call them suckers.
    |

    | >> "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message

    | >> |
> [...]
    | >> |

    hEE Hee, Dec 28, 2003
  10. skidaddy

    hEE Hee Guest

    thanks frank I did not know this.
    thanks for the tip.

    "Frank" <> wrote in message

    | "hEE Hee" <> wrote in message
    |
    | > FOR THOSE with a partition with NTFS instead of FAT32?????? you can
    not
    | > delete NTFS partition in FDISK you need to download a free program
    | > called delpart.exe http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm
    | > it will delete the NTFS partition.
    |
    | This is untrue....
    |
    | FDISK -- Y -- 3 -- 4 = Delete Non-DOS Partition....
    |
    | > "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message

    | > |
    | > | http://tinyurl.com/ac4a
    | > |

    hEE Hee, Dec 28, 2003
  11. skidaddy

    hEE Hee Guest

    some folks have to say something for anything. we call them Fuckers.

    "Harrison" <> wrote in message
    | On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 02:02:50 GMT, "Frank" <> wrote:
    |

    | >"hEE Hee" <> wrote in message
    | >
    | >> FOR THOSE with a partition with NTFS instead of FAT32?????? you can
    not
    | >> delete NTFS partition in FDISK you need to download a free program
    | >> called delpart.exe http://www.russelltexas.com/delpart.htm
    | >> it will delete the NTFS partition.
    | >
    | >This is untrue....
    | >
    | >FDISK -- Y -- 3 -- 4 = Delete Non-DOS Partition....
    |
    | Some folks think they need a special program for just about
    | everything. Around here, we call them suckers.
    |

    | >> "Paul - xxx" <> wrote in message

    | >> |
> [...]
    | >> |

    hEE Hee, Dec 28, 2003
  12. skidaddy

    Barry OGrady Guest

    On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:04:53 -0000, "hEE Hee" <> wrote:

    >some folks have to say something for anything. we call them Fuckers.

    Some folks top post in all lower case. We call them Outlook Express lusers.

    >"Harrison" <> wrote in message
    >| On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 02:02:50 GMT, "Frank" <> wrote:
    >|

    >| >"hEE Hee" <> wrote in message

    >not
    >| >
    >| >This is untrue....
    >| >
    >| >FDISK -- Y -- 3 -- 4 = Delete Non-DOS Partition....
    >|
    >| Some folks think they need a special program for just about
    >| everything. Around here, we call them suckers.

    >| >> |
    >| >> |

    -Barry
    ========

    Barry OGrady, Dec 29, 2003
  13. skidaddy

    Paul - xxx Guest

    Barry OGrady posted ...

    > On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 16:04:53 -0000, "hEE Hee"
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> some folks have to say something for anything. we call them Fuckers.

    > Some folks top post in all lower case. We call them Outlook Express
    > lusers.

    Some folks have no cl00 why top-posting is allowed, nay, even encouraged for
    this newsgroup .. Some might call them cl00less fuckwits ... ;)

    TINTN etc ..
    --
    Paul

    Paul - xxx, Dec 29, 2003