    the computer.

    Any ideas on solving this problem would be much appreciated.

    Darren

    1470, Sep 22, 2003

  2. 1470

    Kenny Guest

    Press F5 when you put the next disc in.

    --

    Kenny

    "1470" <> wrote in message
    news:3f6f410f$0$261$...
    > I am running Windows XP, and was working from a floppy disk with some
    > accounts on it. I replaced this disk with another but the contents of the
    > previous disk were still showing. The only way to clear this was to

    restart

    Kenny, Sep 22, 2003

  3. On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 19:26:02 +0100, "1470" <>
    wrote:

    >I am running Windows XP, and was working from a floppy disk with some
    >accounts on it. I replaced this disk with another but the contents of the
    >previous disk were still showing. The only way to clear this was to restart
    >the computer.
    >
    >Any ideas on solving this problem would be much appreciated.
    >
    >Darren

    The old change line phantom directory problem...reseat the cable.
    replace the cable, replace the drive.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Sep 22, 2003
  4. If this is a very old computer, there's a line called "disk change" that
    might be handled properly or configured properly. Could also be a bad
    cable.

    Barry Watzman, Sep 23, 2003
  5. No need for it to be a very old computer.

    The original problem is almost certainly that pin 34 on the floppy
    drive is not properly connected, due to a connector problem, or a
    cable problem, or faulty FDD hardware.

    Gordon Findlay, Sep 23, 2003
  6. 1470

    1470 Guest