    Thanks!

    UPDATE: I'm getting the same thing using IE. I dont have any external
    pop up software though....
    Axl, Dec 9, 2003

  2. Axl

    Ed Mullen Guest

    Axl wrote:

    > IT seems like it used to, but every time I go to play a video now, it
    > takes me to a new page saying:
    > The MSN Video player may be blocked by pop-up blocking software. Click
    > here if it was blocked.
    >

    > Here's an example link...does it work for anyone else?
    > http://www.msnbc.com/news/1002924.asp?0dm=C12WL
    >
    > I even unblocked the site on the popup stopper and it still takes me to
    > the error message page (and no the link on that page does not work).
    >
    > Anyone know what's going on?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > UPDATE: I'm getting the same thing using IE. I dont have any external
    > pop up software though....

    It says the site is optimized for IE. clicking on the video link in IE
    results in a MSN Video Player (!!!) window opening, and another window
    prompting me for my .Net Passport sign in. I won't be using MSNBC
    anytime soon. That's too much intrusion to watch a video.

    --
    Ed Mullen
    http://edmullen.net
    Ed Mullen, Dec 9, 2003

  3. Axl

    Axl Guest

    weird...my IE did the same thing as FB.

    Axl, Dec 10, 2003
  4. Axl

    dantu Guest

    Axl wrote:

    > weird...my IE did the same thing as FB.
    >
    > Ed Mullen wrote:
    >
    >> Axl wrote:
    >>

    >>> IT seems like it used to, but every time I go to play a video now, it
    >>> takes me to a new page saying:
    >>> The MSN Video player may be blocked by pop-up blocking software. Click
    >>> here if it was blocked.
    >>>

    >>> Here's an example link...does it work for anyone else?
    >>> http://www.msnbc.com/news/1002924.asp?0dm=C12WL
    >>>
    >>> I even unblocked the site on the popup stopper and it still takes me to
    >>> the error message page (and no the link on that page does not work).
    >>>
    >>> Anyone know what's going on?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks!
    >>>
    >>> UPDATE: I'm getting the same thing using IE. I dont have any
    >>> external pop up software though....
    >>>

    >> It says the site is optimized for IE. clicking on the video link in IE
    >> results in a MSN Video Player (!!!) window opening, and another window
    >> prompting me for my .Net Passport sign in. I won't be using MSNBC
    >> anytime soon. That's too much intrusion to watch a video.

    Site issue
    dantu, Dec 10, 2003