    wireless? Or does it require a modem?

    Thanks

    Gay

    brazen, Apr 20, 2005

  2. There's this ......
    http://www.tpc.int/

    "brazen" <> wrote in message
    news:d4493q$ahi$...
    > Probably a ditzy question but....
    >
    > We have recently moved to using broadband (wireless). Before, when we used
    > dial-up we just used the (data/fax/voice) modem to send/receive faxes as

    we

    ShuckItAnShee, Apr 20, 2005

  3. brazen

    PC Guest

    "brazen" <> wrote in message
    > Probably a ditzy question but....
    >
    > We have recently moved to using broadband (wireless). Before, when we used
    > dial-up we just used the (data/fax/voice) modem to send/receive faxes as
    > we
    > hardly ever had the need for them.
    >
    > Is there a way of sending and receiving (or just sending even) faxes with
    > wireless? Or does it require a modem?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gay

    You need your fax modem.

    To send a fax via the 'Internet' you need to subscribe to a fax portal
    service (as previous post suggests) that makes a local call to connect to
    the target fax machine. This 'portal' service will itself use a fax modem to
    talk to the other fax machine.

    Cheers
    Paul.

    PC, Apr 20, 2005