    Also something like $10 or $20 a year for a local number would be
    fine.

    thanks
    robert, Sep 25, 2009

  2. robert

    andy Guest

    On 25 Sep, 17:00, robert <> wrote:
    > anyone knows a provider that offers a free US fax number?
    >
    > All i need is to receive about 15 to 20 pages per year, so i'd rather
    > to have something expensive in sending but free in receiving.
    >
    > Also something like $10 or $20 a year for a local number would be
    > fine.
    >
    > thanks

    some to explore, some free, some reasonably cheap

    http://www.k7.net/

    I would have said faxdigits, but it and their other brands seem to be
    offline at the moment

    http://www.sipgate.com/one - said to be only for US users, but some
    here have signed up

    http://www.trustfax.com/ - $30 a year

    http://www.kall8.com/index.php - $2 a month for tollfree #, pages
    chargeable

    or you might try a Voiptalk account here with a free 0560 number,
    forward that to fax to email, and use another provider for a cheap US
    number forwarded to it, like Localphone at 75p a month, 1.3p a minute.
    andy, Sep 25, 2009