    was around five years ago and very few people (only one or two) did
    T.38 so I chose Vonage which proved inadequate.
    , Jan 19, 2008

  2. Bob M Guest

    acy wrote:
    > I am looking for a VOIP service provider which will allow me to
    > deliver faxes to locations in North America at a low fee. Specifically
    > I have found delivering faxes over standard voice codecs
    > unsatisfactory and am looking for a provider which supports T.38 Fax
    > over IP.
    >
    > I'm guessing Vonage doesn't allow T.38, right? Who allows T.38 for
    > flat monthly rate or a low per minute rate? Is there a weblist of
    > providers and their capabilities? Is there a webforum for VOIP where I
    > could ask this question? The last time I investigated this question
    > was around five years ago and very few people (only one or two) did
    > T.38 so I chose Vonage which proved inadequate.

    Try this forum.

    http://voipreview.org/forum/default.aspx

    Bob
    Bob M, Jan 19, 2008

  3. acy wrote:
    > I am looking for a VOIP service provider which will allow me to
    > deliver faxes to locations in North America at a low fee. Specifically
    > I have found delivering faxes over standard voice codecs
    > unsatisfactory and am looking for a provider which supports T.38 Fax
    > over IP.

    Depends upon volume. But, between Viatalk and Callcentri, you should be able
    to find the two extremes are covered. Both allow T.38 Fax. I have used it on
    both.

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse

    Wishing without work is like fishing without bait.
    -- Frank Tyger
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Jan 22, 2008
  4. Guest

    On 22 Jan 2008 17:58:17 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <>
    wrote:

    > wrote:
    >> I am looking for a VOIP service provider which will allow me to
    >> deliver faxes to locations in North America at a low fee. Specifically
    >> I have found delivering faxes over standard voice codecs
    >> unsatisfactory and am looking for a provider which supports T.38 Fax
    >> over IP.
    >>

    >Depends upon volume. But, between Viatalk and Callcentri, you should be able
    >to find the two extremes are covered. Both allow T.38 Fax. I have used it on
    >both.

    Is there a webpage listing VOIP providers and their capabilities?
    , Jan 26, 2008
  5. Bob M Guest

    acy wrote:
    > On 22 Jan 2008 17:58:17 GMT, "Thomas T. Veldhouse" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >> acy wrote:
    >>> I am looking for a VOIP service provider which will allow me to
    >>> deliver faxes to locations in North America at a low fee. Specifically
    >>> I have found delivering faxes over standard voice codecs
    >>> unsatisfactory and am looking for a provider which supports T.38 Fax
    >>> over IP.
    >>>

    >> Depends upon volume. But, between Viatalk and Callcentri, you should be able
    >> to find the two extremes are covered. Both allow T.38 Fax. I have used it on
    >> both.

    > Is there a webpage listing VOIP providers and their capabilities?

    Try this one as a start.

    http://voipreview.org/service.all2.aspx?serviceType=1

    I have been with VOIP Your Life for over a year now and I love them.
    Great customer service and the service just works. I've had maybe 10
    minutes down time in the last year. No I don't work for them. I'm just a
    happy customer.
    I was formally with Vonage and that had to be the worst company I
    ever had the displeasure to use. I couldn't get away from them fast enough.

    Bob
    Bob M, Jan 26, 2008
  6. acy wrote:

    > Is there a webpage listing VOIP providers and their capabilities?

    I don't know ... I have spent hours searching through thousands to come up
    with the two I mentioned. I am considering Voicepulse as my replacement for
    my primary Viatalk line as Viatalk has been less than stable over the last 6
    months [since the Sunrocket demise].

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Jan 28, 2008
  7. Bob M <> wrote:

    > I have been with VOIP Your Life for over a year now and I love them.
    > Great customer service and the service just works. I've had maybe 10
    > minutes down time in the last year. No I don't work for them. I'm just a
    > happy customer.
    > I was formally with Vonage and that had to be the worst company I
    > ever had the displeasure to use. I couldn't get away from them fast enough.

    Just as a note ... Vonage has some idiots working for them. Even though you
    may have ported your number to another provider, they didn't remove it from
    their system. So, if any Vonage customer tries to call you, they will not get
    through because it will try to route to a Vonage ATA rather than to your new
    service.

    Call them up and make sure that account for your phone number is actually
    removed.

    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Jan 28, 2008
  8. Bob M Guest

    Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
    > Bob M <> wrote:
    >> I have been with VOIP Your Life for over a year now and I love them.
    >> Great customer service and the service just works. I've had maybe 10
    >> minutes down time in the last year. No I don't work for them. I'm just a
    >> happy customer.
    >> I was formally with Vonage and that had to be the worst company I
    >> ever had the displeasure to use. I couldn't get away from them fast enough.
    >>

    > Just as a note ... Vonage has some idiots working for them. Even though you
    > may have ported your number to another provider, they didn't remove it from
    > their system. So, if any Vonage customer tries to call you, they will not get
    > through because it will try to route to a Vonage ATA rather than to your new
    > service.
    >
    > Call them up and make sure that account for your phone number is actually
    > removed.

    Thanks for the info but I didn't port my number. I just had a new one
    assigned by VIOP Your Life.

    Bob
    Bob M, Jan 28, 2008