FAX onramp (FAX to Mail Gateway)

Discussion in 'Cisco' started by news.tic.ch, Apr 19, 2006.

  1. news.tic.ch

    news.tic.ch Guest

    Hi, I'm trying to configure a fax to mail service at my lab

    I have seen at cisco as it is possible to transfer faxes over slow lines per
    smtp and as it is allso usable as fax gateway.

    Now I have tried to configure this, as shown at config exaples of Cisco
    but with out any success.
    When ever I call to the FXO port 1/0/0 I got the fast busy signal
    When ever I call to the FXO port 1/0/1 I can dial 100 or 101 fine

    It wold be grate if sommbody hs a idee what is todo or where I can search to
    the misstake?

    How is it connected:
    voice-port 1/0/0 - fxo - POTS public Number
    voice-port 1/0/1 - fxo - POTS public Number to cheq redirection to the
    phones
    voice-port 1/1/0 - fxs - Phone 100
    voice-port 1/1/1 - fxs - Phone 101

    Hardware:
    IOS (tm) 3600 Software (C3640-JSX-M), Version 12.3(3a), RELEASE (fc2)
    System image file is "slot0:c3640-jsx-mz.123-3a.bin"
    cisco 3640 (R4700) processor (revision 0x00) with 94208K/4096K bytes
    1 Ethernet/IEEE 802.3 interface(s)
    2 Voice FXO interface(s)
    2 Voice FXS interface(s)

    Code snip
    Cisco 3640#
    !
    hostname fax2mail
    !
    ip domain name xxxxxx.ch
    ip name-server 217.xx.xx.xx
    ip name-server 217.xx.xx.xx
    !
    ip cef
    !
    voice call carrier capacity active
    !
    fax receive called-subscriber $d$
    fax interface-type fax-mail
    mta send server 217.xx.xx.xx port 25
    mta send subject Fax2Mail from fax.xxxxxx.ch
    mta send with-subject both
    mta send filename both
    mta send filename both
    mta send mail-from hostname xxxxxx.ch
    mta send mail-from username fax2mail
    dial-control-mib retain-timer 1440
    dial-control-mib max-size 500
    !
    call application voice onramp slot0:app_faxmail_onramp.2.0.1.3.tcl
    !
    ! FXO
    voice-port 1/0/0
    ! FXO
    voice-port 1/0/1
    ! FXS
    voice-port 1/1/0
    ! FXS
    voice-port 1/1/1
    !
    dial-peer voice 99 pots
    application onramp
    incoming called-number .
    port 1/0/0
    !
    dial-peer voice 1 mmoip
    application fax_on_vfc_onramp_app out-bound
    destination-pattern 99
    information-type fax
    session target mailto:
    !