    Adam

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    flycaster1, Oct 15, 2004

  2. flycaster1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Windows XP. When fax fails to make a connection and I select
    >| disconnect, about a minute or two later, the fax starts dialing
    >| again. In fact, even after a second disconnect it will dial a third
    >| time...then it stops this automatic dialing. I would imagine that
    >| there is a repeat dialing selection that I'd like to disable, but I
    >| can't find it. Thanks for your help.
    >| Adam

    Go to your printers folder (Control Panel, Printers) and right click on the
    fax icon. Select Properties. Under the "Devices" tab, find the Properties
    button - click that...there's where your send settings are.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 16, 2004

  3. flycaster1

    flycaster1 Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    > > | Windows XP. When fax fails to make a connection and I select |
    > > disconnect, about a minute or two later, the fax starts dialing |
    > > again. In fact, even after a second disconnect it will dial a third
    > > | time...then it stops this automatic dialing. I would imagine
    > > that | there is a repeat dialing selection that I'd like to
    > > disable, but I | can't find it. Thanks for your help. | Adam |

    > Go to your printers folder (Control Panel, Printers) and right click
    > on the fax icon. Select Properties. Under the "Devices" tab, find the
    > Properties button - click that...there's where your send settings
    > are.

    Thanks, Tim. You were right on. I had 3 retries where I should have
    had none.
    And while we are at it, perhaps you can help me with this problem. I
    would like to see
    if my fax machine is working by sending a fax from the computer to the
    external fax machine.
    So far, I have been unsuccessful. I'm not sure whether it is the
    machine or my fax computer settings.
    Is there anyway I can check this out without getting anyone else
    involved? Thanks,
    Adam

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    flycaster1, Oct 16, 2004
  4. flycaster1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| Toolman Tim wrote:
    >|
    >| > > | Windows XP. When fax fails to make a connection and I select |
    >| > > disconnect, about a minute or two later, the fax starts dialing |
    >| > > disable, but I | can't find it. Thanks for your help. | Adam |
    >| >

    >| > Go to your printers folder (Control Panel, Printers) and right
    >| > click on the fax icon. Select Properties. Under the "Devices"
    >| > tab, find the Properties button - click that...there's where your
    >| > send settings are.
    >| >
    >| Thanks, Tim. You were right on. I had 3 retries where I should have
    >| had none.
    >| And while we are at it, perhaps you can help me with this problem. I
    >| would like to see
    >| if my fax machine is working by sending a fax from the computer to
    >| the external fax machine.
    >| So far, I have been unsuccessful. I'm not sure whether it is the
    >| machine or my fax computer settings.
    >| Is there anyway I can check this out without getting anyone else
    >| involved? Thanks,
    >| Adam

    If they are on the same phone line, it won't work. If you have a second
    line, put one of the machines on that and then fax to it.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 16, 2004
  5. flycaster1

    flycaster1 Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>| Toolman Tim wrote:
    >>|
    >>| > > | Windows XP. When fax fails to make a connection and I select |
    >>| > > disconnect, about a minute or two later, the fax starts dialing |
    >>| > > disable, but I | can't find it. Thanks for your help. | Adam |

    >>| Thanks, Tim. You were right on. I had 3 retries where I should have
    >>| had none.
    >>| And while we are at it, perhaps you can help me with this problem. I
    >>| would like to see
    >>| if my fax machine is working by sending a fax from the computer to
    >>| the external fax machine.
    >>| So far, I have been unsuccessful. I'm not sure whether it is the
    >>| machine or my fax computer settings.
    >>| Is there anyway I can check this out without getting anyone else
    >>| involved? Thanks,
    >>| Adam
    >>

    >If they are on the same phone line, it won't work. If you have a second
    >line, put one of the machines on that and then fax to it.

    My computer is cable hook up. The fax is on my only phone line.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    flycaster1, Oct 17, 2004
  6. flycaster1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| >>|
    >| >>| > > | select |
    >| >>| > > |

    >| >If they are on the same phone line, it won't work. If you have a
    >| >second line, put one of the machines on that and then fax to it.
    >| >

    >| My computer is cable hook up. The fax is on my only phone line.

    Yeah - me too. You'll have to fax to someone else who can let you know how
    it works then. I tested mine by faxing to the office before I left for work.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 17, 2004
  7. flycaster1

    flycaster1 Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>| >>|
    >>| >>| > > | select |
    >>| >>| > > |

    >>| My computer is cable hook up. The fax is on my only phone line.
    >>|

    >Yeah - me too. You'll have to fax to someone else who can let you know how
    >it works then. I tested mine by faxing to the office before I left for work.

    Think I figured this one out. I'll just call my home number on my cell
    phone.
    Although I won't be able to get a print out, I will hear the fax sound
    and that will
    tell me that the fax is working, eh?

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    flycaster1, Oct 17, 2004
  8. flycaster1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| >>|
    >| >>| >>|
    >| >>| >>| > > | select |
    >| >>| >>| > > |

    >| >>|

    >| >Yeah - me too. You'll have to fax to someone else who can let you
    >| >know how it works then. I tested mine by faxing to the office
    >| >before I left for work.
    >| >

    >| Think I figured this one out. I'll just call my home number on my
    >| cell phone.
    >| Although I won't be able to get a print out, I will hear the fax
    >| sound and that will
    >| tell me that the fax is working, eh?

    Should work. Your other option is to run to the local Kinko's or Office
    Depot or similar outfit and fax something to yourself.

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 17, 2004
  9. flycaster1

    flycaster1 Guest

    Toolman Tim wrote:

    >>| >>|
    >>| >>| >>|
    >>| >>| >>| > > | select |
    >>| >>| >>| > > |

    >>| >>|

    >>| Think I figured this one out. I'll just call my home number on my
    >>| cell phone.
    >>| Although I won't be able to get a print out, I will hear the fax
    >>| sound and that will
    >>| tell me that the fax is working, eh?
    >>|

    >Should work. Your other option is to run to the local Kinko's or Office
    >Depot or similar outfit and fax something to yourself.

    Actually, I'm wrong, it won't work. The fax machine won't pick it up
    because the signal is a phone signal rather than a fax signal. Back to
    plan one, have a friend fax.

    --
    To email, erase "forgetit"

    flycaster1, Oct 18, 2004
  10. flycaster1

    Toolman Tim Guest

    >| >>|
    >| >>| >>|
    >| >>| >>| >>|
    >| >>| >>| >>| > > | and I select |
    >| >>| >>| >>| > > |

    >| >>| >>|

    >| >>|

    >| >Should work. Your other option is to run to the local Kinko's or
    >| >Office Depot or similar outfit and fax something to yourself.
    >| >

    >| Actually, I'm wrong, it won't work. The fax machine won't pick it up
    >| because the signal is a phone signal rather than a fax signal. Back
    >| to plan one, have a friend fax.

    So you have one of those devices that tell your phone line where to direct
    the incoming calls? I've never bothered...no one ever calls me ;)

    THEY went." ~Will Rogers~

    Toolman Tim, Oct 18, 2004