    have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
    much appreciated.

    Abay

    Abay, Oct 29, 2006

  2. Abay

    Pun Krocker Guest

    On 29/10/2006 at 23:50:30 Abay wrote :
    > Hello .. I am about to re-format my hard drive and am backing up all my
    > files .. my question, where can I find where Mozilla stores my favourites ..
    > have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
    > much appreciated.

    > Abay

    Search computer for file "bookmarks", or look in your profile folder.

    --
    P~K
    It's only when you look at an ant through a magnifying glass on a sunny

    Pun Krocker, Oct 30, 2006

  3. Abay

    Doug G Guest

    Abay wrote:
    > Hello .. I am about to re-format my hard drive and am backing up all my
    > files .. my question, where can I find where Mozilla stores my favourites ..
    > have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
    > much appreciated.
    >
    > Abay

    Default profile folder locations:
    http://www.holgermetzger.de/pdl.html
    http://www.ufaq.org/modules.php?name=Sections&op=viewarticle&artid=120

    If you haven't told Windows to show hidden files and folders, see
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp

    Doug G, Oct 30, 2006
  4. Abay wrote:
    > Hello .. I am about to re-format my hard drive and am backing up all my
    > files .. my question, where can I find where Mozilla stores my favourites ..
    > have had no success with the Mozilla "help" function. Any help would be
    > much appreciated.
    >
    > Abay

    Favorites is an Internet Explorer term, in Mozilla they are bookmarks.
    I only mention this in case you actually mean something else.

    Exact information helps us help you. I have to guess whether you mean
    Firefox, Mozilla Suite, or SeaMonkey, and which windows version you use.
    Here are possible profile locations:

    Mozilla, SeaMonkey, Netscape7, or Firefox (For Mozilla/SeaMonkey/NS7
    profiles look in the Profiles subfolder, for Firefox, look in
    Firefox\Profiles)

    WinXP, 2K:

    C:\Documents and Settings\(username)\Application Data\Mozilla

    Win ME, 98:

    C:\Windows\Application Data\Mozilla

    For Thunderbird, replace Mozilla with Thunderbird in above paths.

    Note that Application Data is a hidden folder in Windows, so set windows
    to display hidden files and folders in Folder Options.

    Once you have found it, the bookmarks file is bookmarks.html. I
    recommend backing up the entire profile folder.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 30, 2006
  5. Abay

    Abay Guest

    Done that, and found them .. many thanks, much appreciated... Abay

    Abay, Oct 30, 2006