Favourite site for torrents

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Ferg, May 22, 2004.

  1. Ferg

    Ferg Guest

    Ferg, May 22, 2004

  2. Ferg

    Allistar Guest

    Ferg wrote:

    > What are people's fav torrent sites?
    >
    > I find http://www.torrentbox.com to be good.
    >
    > Ferg

    www.suprnova.org

    Most of the files that can be downloaded would break some form of copyright
    law, but there are a few legit files to be found.

    Allistar.
    Allistar, May 22, 2004

  3. Ferg

    Chris Guest

    Chris, May 22, 2004
  4. Ferg

    Craig Sutton Guest

    "Allistar" <> wrote in message
    > Ferg wrote:
    >
    > > What are people's fav torrent sites?
    > >
    > > I find http://www.torrentbox.com to be good.
    > >
    > > Ferg

    > www.suprnova.org
    >
    > Most of the files that can be downloaded would break some form of

    copyright
    > law, but there are a few legit files to be found.

    the only site you need and their search engine..
    Craig Sutton, May 22, 2004
  5. On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:23:49 +1200, Ferg asked:
    > What are people's fav torrent sites?
    > I find http://www.torrentbox.com to be good.

    If you are interested in eBooks.
    http://oberon.zlynx.org/

    Has the six (so far) Baen eBook CD-ROM's. As the publisher (Baen) has
    given permission, these ebook CD-ROMs and their contents are legal to
    distribute for free, but not to sell.

    If you want a list of the contents.
    http://www.bonham.net.nz/SF/Baen/CD_Contents_list/Baen_CD_Contents.htm
    (replace htm with .txt or .zip for other formats)

    Baen of course publishes the dead tree editions, which book retailers
    sell, and themselves also sell eBooks.

    But they find that giving away eBooks helps increase dead tree sales,
    and probably also sales of the latter eBooks in the series.

    http://www.baen.com/
    http://www.webscription.net/ - Purchase eBooks.
    http://www.baen.com/library/ - free library eBooks.

    Martin.

    --
    Martin Bonham, Auckland, (Aotearoa) New Zealand.
    Home of Middle Earth, Whale Rider and now also Narnia.
    Martin Bonham, May 23, 2004
  6. Ferg

    Ferg Guest

    Hi Martin. I remember you from Baen's Bar. Havene't been back there for a
    while. Might have to become a fly again.

    Ferg

    Ferg, May 23, 2004