    When that's broken I can use my Nikon D100 :cool:
    <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>
    <http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=766040>
    Mike Graham, Sep 27, 2003

  2. Mike Graham

    BLueCoBra Guest

    "Mike Graham" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I'm looking for opinions regarding which magazines are worth reading. I
    > found interesting stuff in the September "Outdoor Photographer", but

    before
    > I send in the subscription card I thought I'd check around for a
    > digital-specific one. OP seems pretty digitally-inclined, to me, but I
    > thought I'd ask.

    Just bought a 4 yr. subscription of PC Photo from an eBay seller for $8.99.
    I went with this magazine after browsing the newstand at the local
    supermarket. It concentrates on everything digital for the digital darkroom.
    ie: Photoshop and similar programs, reviews of scanners, printers, dig cams
    and monitors. It's exactly what I need for my skill level (amateur) with a
    lot of info to improve one's skills greatly in all aspects of dig
    photography (IMHO).
    As far as you are concerned, do the same thing I did. Go to your local
    newsstand at the supermarket or wherever and buy a few related magazines and
    see which one(s) 'click' with you.
    HTH
    --
    BLueCoBra

    -- Please pardon my driving, I'm reloading.
    BLueCoBra, Sep 27, 2003

  3. Mike Graham

    Lucrezia Guest

    In message <>, Mike Graham
    <> writes
    > I'm looking for opinions regarding which magazines are worth reading. I
    >found interesting stuff in the September "Outdoor Photographer", but before
    >I send in the subscription card I thought I'd check around for a
    >digital-specific one. OP seems pretty digitally-inclined, to me, but I
    >thought I'd ask.

    If you're interested in digital landscape photography, I'd recommend you
    take a look at Practical Photography, which has been increasing its
    digital content over the last few months. Unlike digital-only mags, it
    doesn't give space to heavily/obviously manipulated images, but does
    give you an insight into getting the best out of your image, at the
    taking and post-processing stages - plus lots of stunning images!

    Links for this and other UK-produced photo magazines can be found here:
    http://www.dont-blink.net/luplinks.htm

    -Lucrezia

    --
    http://www.dont-blink.net/lining_up.htm
    Lucrezia, Sep 27, 2003
  4. Mike Graham

    admin Guest

    Greetings,

    "Mike Graham" <> wrote

    I'm looking for opinions regarding which magazines are worth reading.

    I buy digital camera magazine, it has some good articles, but I buy others
    as well if they have something I want to read up on or may have a good
    software CD

    But we are all different and want different things, try afew from the
    newsagent, or check uou the mags web site.
    --
    Regards,

    Peter

    peteratNOSPAMhull-me.co.uk
    admin, Sep 27, 2003
  5. Mike Graham

    jeff liss Guest

    Mike Graham <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm looking for opinions regarding which magazines are worth reading. I
    > found interesting stuff in the September "Outdoor Photographer", but before
    > I send in the subscription card I thought I'd check around for a
    > digital-specific one. OP seems pretty digitally-inclined, to me, but I
    > thought I'd ask.
    >
    > --
    > =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
    > Mike Graham | Metalworker, rustic, part-time zealot.
    > mike 'at' metalmangler.com |
    > <http://www.metalmangler.com>| Caledon, Ontario, Canada
    >
    > Lousy photographer with a really nice camera - Olympus C3020Zoom.
    > When that's broken I can use my Nikon D100 :cool:
    > <http://www.metalmangler.com/photos/photos.htm>
    > <http://www.photo.net/shared/community-member?user_id=766040>

    Two digital mags I like are "Total Digital Photography" and a new one,
    "Digital Photo Pro." Both are British, not cheap, but IMHO, very
    informative. Plus I really like the descriptive ways the English
    write. Not a subscriber here, I pick them up on news stands.
    Jeff
    jeff liss, Sep 27, 2003