    takes ages to sift through the rubbish.

    thanks

    Steve

    SJ, Jan 13, 2005

  2. SJ

    SJ Guest

    On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 21:52:22 GMT, "smackedass"
    <> wrote:

    >Did you check your recycle bin?
    >
    >smackedass
    >
    >SJ wrote in message ...
    >>Hi all, my favorites have disapeared from IE (kids) any chance of
    >>some one posting a few Win 2k websites for me, i have used google, but
    >>takes ages to sift through the rubbish.
    >>
    >>thanks
    >>
    >>Steve

    yes and no luck

    SJ, Jan 13, 2005

  3. On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 20:58:17 GMT, SJ <> wrote:

    >Hi all, my favorites have disapeared from IE (kids) any chance of
    >some one posting a few Win 2k websites for me, i have used google, but
    >takes ages to sift through the rubbish.
    >
    >thanks
    >
    >Steve

    Too bad...

    It was easier with DOS, maybe...I accidentally blew away my Netscape
    bookmark.htm file a number of years ago in a careless moment. It was
    over 100k, big for the time. Norton's Disk Editor from Utilities
    version 8 pulled it back together in 2.5k chunks. That utility looked
    at the drive sectors directly. I used a search string unique to that
    file, like "last accessed", or something, to find the file's start. I
    was always a person who defragged regularly (and was criticized by
    some for it), but that time it did save my bacon, because the entire
    file was together.

    Tom

    Tom MacIntyre, Jan 14, 2005