    trying to use a CDR because my friends' computer came without a floppy
    drive.
    TIA John

    Hal9000, Jul 6, 2003

  2. Hal9000

    Shep© Guest

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 09:58:00 -0500, In this world we created "Hal9000"
    <> wrote :

    >I can't seem to copy my favorites to a CDR. I have about 60 folders in the
    >favorite folder and when I drag and drop them (using Nero) the folders get
    >copied, but they are empty.
    >Just before I go to burn I'm prompted to say what type of files these are
    >and I typed "Internet Shortcuts"
    >I have been backing them up for years to floppy disks with no problem. I was
    >trying to use a CDR because my friends' computer came without a floppy
    >drive.
    >TIA John

    Until you get a better fix use,"Winrar",
    http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
    and .rar them up 1st as it keeps the directory structure and the file
    attributes.
    HTH :)

    --
    Free Windows/PC help,
    Free songs download,

    Shep©, Jul 6, 2003

  3. Hal9000

    °Mike° Guest

    I don't know the reason for the folders being empty, but
    you could zip the complete favorites folder up, and copy
    the zip file to the CD.

    On Sun, 6 Jul 2003 09:58:00 -0500, in
    <UBWNa.32503$2.webusenet.com>
    Hal9000 scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Jul 6, 2003
  4. "CJ" <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > From within Exporer I use File & Import/Export function to copy the whole

    favorites folder
    > to a backup directory as a bookmark.htm file. I then drag this file to Nero

    for burning to
    > the CDR. Works no problem.

    Exactly what I would do as well. so muct easier

    Steven Pilbeam, Jul 6, 2003
  5. Hal9000

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    From within Exporer I use File & Import/Export function to copy the whole favorites folder
    to a backup directory as a bookmark.htm file. I then drag this file to Nero for burning to
    the CDR. Works no problem.

    CJ

    CJ, Jul 7, 2003
  6. Hal9000

    rifleman Guest

    In news:beb18o$ajs$,
    CJ <> typed:
    > Hi,
    >
    > From within Exporer I use File & Import/Export function to copy the
    > whole favorites folder to a backup directory as a bookmark.htm file.
    > I then drag this file to Nero for burning to the CDR. Works no
    > problem.
    >
    > CJ
    >
    > "Hal9000" <> wrote in message
    >> I can't seem to copy my favorites to a CDR. I have about 60 folders
    >> in the
    >> favorite folder and when I drag and drop them (using Nero) the
    >> folders get
    >> copied, but they are empty.
    >> Just before I go to burn I'm prompted to say what type of files
    >> these are
    >> and I typed "Internet Shortcuts"
    >> I have been backing them up for years to floppy disks with no
    >> problem. I was
    >> trying to use a CDR because my friends' computer came without a
    >> floppy
    >> drive.
    >> TIA John

    I've got 2,175 favorites and they occupy all of 133kb! Isn't burning
    favorites to a CD total overkill?

    --
    (I may be wrong...I usually am....)
    Google is your Friend

    rifleman, Jul 7, 2003
  7. Hal9000

    CJ Guest

    Hi,

    he's trying to transfer the favorites folders to his friends PC which doesn't have a
    floppy but he does have a CD drive.

    CJ

    CJ, Jul 7, 2003
  8. Hal9000

    John Guest

    Hey CJ,
    Thanks that did the job, your was the only response I could get to work.
    I first tried to change the export destination and that failed, then I just
    accepted the default and it worked right away. Nero stilled asked me for
    file extention and I used *htm* and that did the trick.
    Thanks again
    John
    Sorry this reply is 24 hours late, I accidentaly hit reply to sender rather
    than reply to group.

    John, Jul 8, 2003
  9. Hal9000

    John Guest

    Hey rifleman,
    I have a folder much like yours, mine was 303kb. Besides the
    favorites, I also backed-up My Documents, Application Data and some misc
    folders also. Total size was 1.2 GBs and took two CDRs. Most important
    though was now I can load my favorites on my friends' computer who does not
    have a floppy drive. I don't know how much these CDRs cost I usually only
    buy when they are on free rebates. I also buy each time they are free, even
    if I don't need any. I must have over a thousand. I still have some from
    when they came in their own jewel cases.

    John, Jul 8, 2003
  10. Hal9000

    John, Jul 8, 2003
  11. Hal9000