    But what happened to screw things up in the first place?

    Thank you,

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier, Sep 22, 2006

  2. Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:

    > On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.The only thing I did
    > was add a site bearbottoms1.com to my favorites yesterday (and
    > visited the site but did not download a program).

    Ooh, this is going to excite everyone who has been dealing with Bear
    Bottoms in several groups, about him spamming to those groups.

    > But what happened to screw things up in the first place?

    Sorry, I don't use Internet Explorer. Perhaps you could try a modern
    browser? Go get Opera for starters...

    http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 22, 2006

  3. Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
    > Running a 3 month old computer with XP an OE.
    >
    > On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.The only thing I did was
    > add a siteL bearbottoms1.com to my favorites yesterday (and visited the
    > site but did not download a program).
    >
    > I can't seem to be able to import my favorites using the Import feature
    > even though I see them in the folder:c/doc..and
    > settings/myname/favorites.
    >
    > I was able to add them by using select-copy-paste which i pasted in the
    > favorites area of th browser.
    >
    > But what happened to screw things up in the first place?
    >
    > Thank you,
    >
    > Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    if your like speed!

    try this instead of IE http://kmeleon.sourceforge.net/

    Ta!

    Transgendered Parrot, Sep 22, 2006
  4. Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Gil J Guest

    "Jean-Pierre Gauthier" <> wrote in message
    > Running a 3 month old computer with XP an OE.
    >
    > On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.

    You could try going to Taskbar and Start Menu Properties and clicking the
    start menu tab then click customize and make sure that Display favorites is
    checked.
    you can either right click in the taskbar or Start-Settings-Taskbar and
    Start Menu.
    Gil

    Gil J, Sep 22, 2006
  5. Jean-Pierre Gauthier

    Brian G Guest

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:
    >
    >> On booting this AM, all my favorites are gone.The only thing I did
    >> was add a site bearbottoms1.com to my favorites yesterday (and
    >> visited the site but did not download a program).

    > Ooh, this is going to excite everyone who has been dealing with Bear
    > Bottoms in several groups, about him spamming to those groups.
    >
    >> But what happened to screw things up in the first place?

    > Sorry, I don't use Internet Explorer. Perhaps you could try a modern
    > browser? Go get Opera for starters...
    >
    > http://k75s.home.att.net/tips.html

    "Sorry, I don't use Internet Explorer. Perhaps you could try a modern
    browser? Go get Opera for starters..."

    If you cannot answer the OP's question, why the hell did you give such an
    inane answer?

    Brian G, Sep 22, 2006
  6. Brian G wrote:

    > If you cannot answer the OP's question, why the hell did you give such
    > an inane answer?

    If you can't answer the OP's question, why did you bother to reply?

    Oh ... you must be an Internet Explorer user. Can you visit the Bear's
    page and see if yours crashes/loses bookmarks? Do you need a clickable
    link?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 22, 2006
  7. Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
    > Brian G wrote:
    >
    > > If you cannot answer the OP's question, why the hell did you give such
    > > an inane answer?

    > If you can't answer the OP's question, why did you bother to reply?
    >
    > Oh ... you must be an Internet Explorer user. Can you visit the Bear's
    > page and see if yours crashes/loses bookmarks? Do you need a clickable
    > link?
    >
    > --
    > -bts
    > -Motorcycles defy gravity; cars just suck.

    Would someone please tell me what an OP is? (......poster?

    If I am one, i sure would like to know what I am.

    "being ignorant is a shame only if one stays that way"

    Thank you......

    Jean-Pierre

    Jean-Pierre Gauthier, Sep 22, 2006
  8. Jean-Pierre Gauthier wrote:

    > Would someone please tell me what an OP is? (......poster?

    That would be the Original Poster (or the Original Post), e.g. the
    poster or message that started the thread. This site can help with
    abbreviations like these:

    <http://acronymfinder.com/af-query.asp?Acronym=op&Find=find&string=exact>

    > If I am one, i sure would like to know what I am.

    You are the one... :)

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 22, 2006