    work fine. Whats going on? Where do I find the internet property sheet
    and even if I do what do I do when I get there. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks guys/gals.

    badbear, Jul 29, 2010

  2. badbear

    dadiOH Guest

    badbear wrote:
    > I save all my favorites in different folders. After some time (it
    > varies) when I try to open a link in a folder I get a message that
    > says "The target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the
    > internet property sheet and make sure this shortcut if valid." It
    > happens often to a large number of sites and others in same folder
    > work fine. Whats going on? Where do I find the internet property sheet

    Right click the "favorite" and select "Properties"
    ____________

    > and even if I do what do I do when I get there.

    Read the "URL" window. Is it valid? Can you copy and paste it into your
    browser's address window and have the page load?

    --

    dadiOH
    ____________________________

    dadiOH's dandies v3.06...

    dadiOH, Jul 29, 2010

  3. badbear

    badbear Guest

    On Jul 29, 3:35 pm, "dadiOH" <> wrote:
    > badbear wrote:
    > > I save all my favorites in different folders. After some time (it
    > > varies) when I try to open a link in a folder I get a message that
    > > says "The target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the
    > > internet property sheet and make sure this shortcut if valid." It
    > > happens often to a large number of sites and others in same folder
    > > work fine. Whats going on? Where do I find the internet property sheet

    > Right click the "favorite" and select "Properties"
    > ____________
    >
    > > and even if I do what do I do when I get there.

    > Read the "URL" window.  Is it valid?  Can you copy and paste it into your
    > browser's address window and have the page load?
    >
    > --
    >
    > dadiOH
    > ____________________________
    >
    > dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    > Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

    Will give it a go. Thanks for your help D

    badbear, Jul 29, 2010
  4. badbear

    badbear Guest

    On Jul 29, 3:35 pm, "dadiOH" <> wrote:
    > badbear wrote:
    > > I save all my favorites in different folders. After some time (it
    > > varies) when I try to open a link in a folder I get a message that
    > > says "The target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the
    > > internet property sheet and make sure this shortcut if valid." It
    > > happens often to a large number of sites and others in same folder
    > > work fine. Whats going on? Where do I find the internet property sheet

    > Right click the "favorite" and select "Properties"
    > ____________
    >
    > > and even if I do what do I do when I get there.

    > Read the "URL" window.  Is it valid?  Can you copy and paste it into your
    > browser's address window and have the page load?
    >
    > --
    >
    > dadiOH
    > ____________________________
    >
    > dadiOH's dandies v3.06...
    > Get it athttp://mysite.verizon.net/xico

    Wow looks like it's been corrupted !
    "Actuality.#link=splash#link=splash#link=splash " That's what I got
    for TruTV.com. Not sure how that happened. Others are all corrupted
    as well. Maybe I'll just have to redo as I've done before. Not sure if
    I'm screwing something up or what. Thanks for the suggestion though.

    badbear, Jul 29, 2010
  5. badbear

    chuckcar Guest

    badbear <> wrote in

    > I save all my favorites in different folders. After some time (it
    > varies) when I try to open a link in a folder I get a message that
    > says "The target of this internet shortcut is not valid. Go to the
    > internet property sheet and make sure this shortcut if valid." It
    > happens often to a large number of sites and others in same folder
    > work fine. Whats going on? Where do I find the internet property sheet
    > and even if I do what do I do when I get there. Any help appreciated.
    > Thanks guys/gals.

    Favorites are meant for one thing and one thing only - remembering the
    address for the top level of a web site. Once you're there, you navigate
    to the desired spot. You do this because frequently you need the
    intermediate web pages to have to site *allow* or make you simply able
    to get there. Keeping split up favorites makes no sense either. Just
    group them by category alone.

    --
    (setq (chuck nil) car(chuck) )

    chuckcar, Jul 29, 2010