    I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that didn't
    bring them back. I booted up IE and they're still there. What
    happened?
    Jim Alder, Dec 9, 2005

  2. Jim Alder

    gwtc Guest

    Jim Alder wrote:

    > I finally got tired of all the problems with IE and took
    > advice, installing Mozilla 1.7.12. I like it already. But today
    > I booted it up and all the "Favorites" were gone that had been
    > imported from IE, not to mention the new ones I'd added since I
    > started using Mozilla. What did I do?
    >
    > I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that didn't
    > bring them back. I booted up IE and they're still there. What
    > happened?

    stop uninstalling and reinstalling. All your settings, preferences,
    passwords, bookmarks, mail, etc are stored in an area called your
    profile. When you uninstall the program, your profile is not touched.

    In Moz they are not called Favorites, but rather bookmarks. The name
    of the file is called bookmarks.html.

    Close Moz and look in your profile and see if you have a
    bookmarks.html file. To find your profile see this:
    http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations

    But first, if you're using windows, then your profile is hidden, so
    you have to unhide window files. See this on how to do that:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize/hiddenfiles.asp

    Do you see the file bookmarks.html in your profile? If so, then open
    Moz, and open the Bookmark Manager (Bookmarks, Manage Bookmarks), and
    when that opens, click on Tools, Open Bookmarks File and point to the
    file.

    Does this work?
    gwtc, Dec 9, 2005

  3. Jim Alder

    Jim Alder Guest

    gwtc <> wrote in

    > Jim Alder wrote:
    >
    >> I finally got tired of all the problems with IE and took
    >> advice, installing Mozilla 1.7.12. I like it already. But
    >> today I booted it up and all the "Favorites" were gone that
    >> had been imported from IE, not to mention the new ones I'd
    >> added since I started using Mozilla. What did I do?
    >>
    >> I tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it but that
    >> didn't
    >> bring them back. I booted up IE and they're still there.
    >> What happened?

    > stop uninstalling and reinstalling. All your settings,
    > preferences, passwords, bookmarks, mail, etc are stored in
    > an area called your profile. When you uninstall the
    > program, your profile is not touched.
    >
    > In Moz they are not called Favorites, but rather bookmarks.
    > The name of the file is called bookmarks.html.
    >
    > Close Moz and look in your profile and see if you have a
    > bookmarks.html file. To find your profile see this:
    > http://ilias.ca/mozilla/profilefaq/#locations
    >
    > But first, if you're using windows, then your profile is
    > hidden, so you have to unhide window files. See this on how
    > to do that:
    > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/pro/using/tips/personalize
    > /hiddenfiles.asp
    >
    > Do you see the file bookmarks.html in your profile? If so,
    > then open Moz, and open the Bookmark Manager (Bookmarks,
    > Manage Bookmarks), and when that opens, click on Tools, Open
    > Bookmarks File and point to the file.
    >
    > Does this work?

    Thanks. I'll try it in the morning.

    From: (Fredric L. Rice)
    Subject: Pray for DeLay "suicide" 9/28/05

    "Wouldn't it KICK ASS! if he were found face down
    in his corn flakes in the morning, a victim of
    another bizarre Republican "suicide?"
    "Sweet baby Jesus, I'd throw a fucking party in
    the nearest park and put up signs giving thanks
    to Jesus."
    Jim Alder, Dec 9, 2005