    I access the file through the Start menu the "D" file is way at the bottom.
    How can I move it up toward the top? TIA
    Phyloe

    Phyloe, Oct 7, 2003

  2. Phyloe

    Emrys Davies Guest

    Just drag and drop it. It will revert to its original spot if you r.c.
    and select 'Sort by Name'.

    Regards,
    Emrys Davies.

    "Phyloe" <> wrote in message
    > I want to move a file from the bottom of my favorites to the top

    for ease
    > of access. When I go to favorites through Start > Explore I have the

    files
    > in alphabetical order which is fine because this file begin with a

    "D". When

    Emrys Davies, Oct 7, 2003

  3. Phyloe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phyloe said:

    > I want to move a file from the bottom of my favorites to the top for ease
    > of access. When I go to favorites through Start > Explore I have the files
    > in alphabetical order which is fine because this file begin with a "D". When
    > I access the file through the Start menu the "D" file is way at the bottom.
    > How can I move it up toward the top? TIA
    > Phyloe

    Click on the link and drag it to where you want it.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 7, 2003
  4. Phyloe

    Phyloe Guest

    "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    > Phyloe said:
    >
    > > I want to move a file from the bottom of my favorites to the top for

    ease
    > > of access. When I go to favorites through Start > Explore I have the

    files
    > > in alphabetical order which is fine because this file begin with a "D".

    When
    > > I access the file through the Start menu the "D" file is way at the

    bottom.
    > > How can I move it up toward the top? TIA
    > > Phyloe

    > Click on the link and drag it to where you want it.

    I've tried that and it will not move.
    Phyloe

    Phyloe, Oct 7, 2003
  5. Phyloe

    Phyloe Guest

    " Emrys Davies" <> wrote in message
    > Just drag and drop it. It will revert to its original spot if you r.c.
    > and select 'Sort by Name'.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Emrys Davies.

    I've tried that but I cannot get that option box. I r c on Favorites in
    the menu but nothing happens. I r c on the "d" file but get nothing. Have I
    locked this out somehow?

    Phyloe

    Phyloe, Oct 7, 2003
  6. Phyloe

    Harrison Guest

    Try moving them from the Internet Explorer pane rather than Windows
    Explorer.

    Harrison, Oct 8, 2003
  7. Phyloe

    Brian H¹© Guest

    Phyloe said:

    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> Phyloe said:
    >>
    >>> I want to move a file from the bottom of my favorites to the top for ease
    >>> of access. When I go to favorites through Start > Explore I have the files
    >>> in alphabetical order which is fine because this file begin with a "D". When
    >>> I access the file through the Start menu the "D" file is way at the bottom.
    >>> How can I move it up toward the top? TIA
    >>> Phyloe

    >> Click on the link and drag it to where you want it.
    >>

    > I've tried that and it will not move.
    > Phyloe

    Use the left mouse button.

    Brian H¹©, Oct 8, 2003
  8. Phyloe

    °Mike° Guest

    From Internet Explorer: Favorites / Organize Favorites.

    Drag, drop, create, move, etc...

    On Tue, 7 Oct 2003 17:13:01 -0500, in
    <blvdon$gp6so$-berlin.de>
    Phyloe scrawled:

    --
    Basic computer maintenance

    °Mike°, Oct 8, 2003
  9. Phyloe

    chuckie® Guest

    right click in the Start menu, choose 'Sort by name'...luck...

    chuckie®, Oct 11, 2003