    Simmo Guest

    Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
    "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

    Simmo, Jan 20, 2008

  2. Simmo

    Rom Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:08:48 +1300, Simmo wrote:

    > Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
    > "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

    Spell it incorrectly? ;-)

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jan 20, 2008

  3. Simmo wrote:
    > Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
    > "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

    .. . . and where are you getting that info from?

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 20, 2008
  4. Simmo

    Simmo Guest

    Rom wrote:
    > On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:08:48 +1300, Simmo wrote:
    >
    >> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
    >> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

    > Spell it incorrectly? ;-)

    Huh?

    "Favorite" is the correct USA spelling. Personally I'm not in the US
    and the correct way of spelling it here is "Favourite", but I'm just
    following suit.

    Simmo, Jan 20, 2008
  5. Simmo

    Simmo Guest

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    > Simmo wrote:
    >> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
    >> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

    > . . . and where are you getting that info from?

    What info?

    Right click a folder in the folder pane (or indeed a newsgroup) and you
    should see an option for "Favorite Folder" in the menu.

    Thunderbird 2.0.0.9

    Simmo, Jan 20, 2008
  6. Simmo wrote:
    > Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
    >> Simmo wrote:
    >>> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
    >>> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

    >> . . . and where are you getting that info from?

    > What info?
    >
    > Right click a folder in the folder pane (or indeed a newsgroup) and you
    > should see an option for "Favorite Folder" in the menu.
    >
    > Thunderbird 2.0.0.9

    never noticed before and just figured it out. Some people
    have several email accounts, or they filter certain mails
    into special folders. If you right click the inbox or the
    special folder, you mark them as favorite. Then under View,
    Folder, you select favorite and those folders will become
    the only ones you see. This way you can keep track of just
    those folders and nothing else.

    http://www.toonopedia.com/potamus.htm

    Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo, Jan 20, 2008
  7. Simmo

    Rom Guest

    On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 12:29:09 +1300, Simmo wrote:

    > Rom wrote:
    >> On Mon, 21 Jan 2008 00:08:48 +1300, Simmo wrote:
    >>
    >>> Ok I give up - what does checking one or more mail folders as a
    >>> "Favorite Folder" do in Thunderbird?

    >> Spell it incorrectly? ;-)

    > Huh?

    SCNR

    > "Favorite" is the correct USA spelling. Personally I'm not in the US
    > and the correct way of spelling it here is "Favourite", but I'm just
    > following suit.

    Yep, that's right, and for here too. It's one of those spelling
    differences that I'd prefer not to have in an OS or program.

    --
    Rom

    Rom, Jan 21, 2008
  8. Simmo

    Simmo Guest

    > never noticed before and just figured it out. Some people have several
    > email accounts, or they filter certain mails into special folders. If
    > you right click the inbox or the special folder, you mark them as
    > favorite. Then under View, Folder, you select favorite and those
    > folders will become the only ones you see. This way you can keep track
    > of just those folders and nothing else.

    Thanks, I'll go back to ignoring it :)

    Simmo, Jan 21, 2008