    Appreciate any suggestions concerning your favorite EXIF file viewers/readers.

    Thanks

    Gene

    gene ohara, Jan 1, 2004

  2. (gene ohara) wrote:

    > Appreciate any suggestions concerning your favorite EXIF file viewers/readers.

    Exifer. Totally free.
    http://www.exifer.friedemann.info/

    ---
    Don't feed the trolls--it only makes them grow!

    Stuart Middleton-White, Jan 1, 2004

  3. (gene ohara) wrote in

    > Recently received a digital camera that has EXIF files with its JPEGs.
    >
    > Appreciate any suggestions concerning your favorite EXIF file
    > viewers/readers.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Gene

    I read EXIF in Irfanview.

    /Roland

    Roland Karlsson, Jan 2, 2004
  4. gene ohara

    Mark Johnson Guest

    (gene ohara) wrote:

    >Recently received a digital camera that has EXIF files with its JPEGs.
    >Appreciate any suggestions concerning your favorite EXIF file viewers/readers.

    The free Exifview, which provides a second tab for files with EXIF in
    Win Explorer.

    It might pick up a few more than the exif view in Irfanview.

    Mark Johnson, Jan 2, 2004
  5. gene ohara

    Quercus Guest

    Viewer under GNU/Linux: GQview

    http://gqview.sourceforge.net

    To get the exif info on the console: exif (this is a Debian package,
    don't know if it is available for other distros, I guess so)

    -Quercus-

    Quercus, Jan 2, 2004
  6. gene ohara

    gene ohara Guest

    Thanks: Favorite EXIF file viewer or reader?

    Quercus,

    Thanks for the Linux GQview link! Unfortunately I have not yet
    advanced to Linux.

    Everyone else thanks for the recommendations! I have begun to start
    downloading them and will try them all.

    Gene

    gene ohara, Jan 2, 2004
  7. gene ohara

    keith nuttle Guest

    Re: Thanks: Favorite EXIF file viewer or reader?

    I have been using Irfanview for some time now and it displays the exif
    information on a JPG file. I just downloaded the latest version of
    Irfanview. It appears to be capable of writing comments to this
    information in the exif file. I have not played with it enough to be sure.

    keith nuttle, Jan 3, 2004