    Semler Guest

    So far, mine would have to be the rubber "Book of the Dead" from the Evil
    Dead movie. I also enjoy the tin box from Band of Brothers and Akira.

    Semler, Dec 23, 2003

  2. Semler in a half shell:

    > So far, mine would have to be the rubber "Book of the Dead" from the Evil
    > Dead movie. I also enjoy the tin box from Band of Brothers and Akira.

    yeah Book of the Dead was great, with its hallucination inducing, weird
    smelling rubber.

    The Highlander Imortal edition came in a nice (but un-shelvable) tin.

    David Beamish, Dec 23, 2003

  3. Semler

    Justin Guest

    David Beamish wrote on [23 Dec 2003 14:01:38 GMT]:
    > Semler in a half shell:
    >
    >> So far, mine would have to be the rubber "Book of the Dead" from the Evil
    >> Dead movie. I also enjoy the tin box from Band of Brothers and Akira.
    >>

    > yeah Book of the Dead was great, with its hallucination inducing, weird
    > smelling rubber.
    >
    > The Highlander Imortal edition came in a nice (but un-shelvable) tin.

    why unshelvable? Fits on my shelf just fine. And is almost the same
    height as all the other DVDs.

    It's the T2 tin that annoyed me...

    Justin, Dec 23, 2003
  4. Semler wrote:
    > So far, mine would have to be the rubber "Book of the Dead" from the Evil
    > Dead movie. I also enjoy the tin box from Band of Brothers and Akira.

    Criterion Brazil.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 23, 2003
  5. >why unshelvable? Fits on my shelf just fine. And is almost the same
    >height as all the other DVDs.
    >
    >It's the T2 tin that annoyed me...

    He probably had the same problem with his tin that I have with my Akira tin-
    its slight height difference makes it impossible to fit in DVD holders, or in
    some modular shelving units. (I've this problem with my Fantasia LD box-set,
    too.) I have a shelf set aside for boxsets that it fits in okay, but having it
    segregated from other single titles is somewhat irksome.

    I also don't like not having the title on the "spine" of the Akira tin. It's
    so nondescript that I tend to overlook when browsing my selection.

    As for favorite packaging, I'm fond of just plain snapcases...

    Robert Morgan, Dec 24, 2003
  6. Robert Morgan wrote:
    > As for favorite packaging, I'm fond of just plain snapcases...

    You're not serious, you like the snapper? Why? It's a flimsy cardboard
    flap with a plastic backing, *and* it's a little taller and wider than
    keep-cases, so it doesn't quite fit in with the others on the shelves,
    which seems to irk you in one case, but not in another.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 24, 2003
  7. Semler

    Justin Guest

    Grand Inquisitor wrote on [Wed, 24 Dec 2003 15:22:17 GMT]:
    > Robert Morgan wrote:
    >> As for favorite packaging, I'm fond of just plain snapcases...

    > You're not serious, you like the snapper? Why? It's a flimsy cardboard
    > flap with a plastic backing, *and* it's a little taller and wider than
    > keep-cases, so it doesn't quite fit in with the others on the shelves,
    > which seems to irk you in one case, but not in another.

    Actually, it's a little shorter than keepcases, but is longer

    Justin, Dec 24, 2003
  8. >You're not serious, you like the snapper?

    Argh. I meant keepcases. I really need to proofread before I post. Gah.

    Can't stand snappers.

    Robert Morgan, Dec 25, 2003
  9. > So far, mine would have to be the rubber "Book of the Dead" from the Evil
    > Dead movie. I also enjoy the tin box from Band of Brothers and Akira.

    Star Trek: Deep Space Nine sets (R1). Those things are stunning.

    Honorable mention would go to Legally Blonde 2.

    --

    Aaron J. Bossig

    http://www.GodsLabRat.com
    http://www.daily-reviews.com

    Aaron J. Bossig, Dec 25, 2003
  10. Aaron J. Bossig wrote:
    >>So far, mine would have to be the rubber "Book of the Dead" from the Evil
    >>Dead movie. I also enjoy the tin box from Band of Brothers and Akira.

    > Star Trek: Deep Space Nine sets (R1). Those things are stunning.
    >
    > Honorable mention would go to Legally Blonde 2.

    I don't know, a little too flimsy. But the artwork and everything is nice.

    and tagging wildebeests."
    --Michael J. Nelson

    Grand Inquisitor

    Grand Inquisitor, Dec 25, 2003