    instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
    me.

    Thanks.

    slatconsulting, Oct 15, 2005

  2. slatconsulting

    gwtc Guest

    slatconsulting wrote:

    > Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of their
    > userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
    > instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
    > me.
    >
    > Thanks.

    what I have in my files might not be for you. I have special settings
    in mine and others have different things in theirs. If I posted what
    I have, you might come back here screeming there's something wrong
    with FF.

    Therefore, what is it you're trying to do and want.

    As for the userChrome-example.css -- get rid of the "-example." That
    might be your problem, whatever it is.

    gwtc, Oct 15, 2005

  3. slatconsulting

    mike555 Guest

    slatconsulting wrote:
    > Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of their
    > userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
    > instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
    > me.
    >
    > Thanks.

    ===== you should get the extension "AdBlock Plus" and the updater
    from...
    http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=774 (middle of
    page) ====

    mike555, Oct 15, 2005
  4. mike555 wrote:
    > slatconsulting wrote:
    >> Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of their
    >> userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
    >> instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still bedevil
    >> me.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > ===== you should get the extension "AdBlock Plus" and the updater
    > from...
    > http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=774 (middle of
    > page) ====

    As another option, I dumped AdBlock a long time back,finding it was
    causing more trouble then it was worth. Through the use of the script
    on this page:

    http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/adblock

    added to userContent.css, and a good hosts file, I find AdBlock to be
    unnecessary.

    Lee

    Leonidas Jones, Oct 15, 2005
  5. gwtc <> wrote in

    > slatconsulting wrote:
    >
    >> Could some savvy Firefox user please copy and paste the contents of
    >> their userChrome-example.css and userContent.css files? I've followed
    >> instructions to a tee, but the flashing ads and other things still
    >> bedevil me.
    >>
    >> Thanks.

    > what I have in my files might not be for you. I have special settings
    > in mine and others have different things in theirs. If I posted what
    > I have, you might come back here screeming there's something wrong
    > with FF.
    >
    > Therefore, what is it you're trying to do and want.
    >
    > As for the userChrome-example.css -- get rid of the "-example." That
    > might be your problem, whatever it is.

    Okay. Thank you.

    slatconsulting, Oct 15, 2005