    in there but not in Internet Explorer. Does one have to do something
    differently to get to work in Internet Explorer?
    thanks
    ~¢makey$, Nov 29, 2003

  2. ~¢makey$

    why? Guest

    http://www.favicon.com/
    http://www.clickfire.com/viewpoints/articles/favicons.php

    >get it to work and gave up on doing it but left the code in their. Low and
    >behold, yesterday I opened the same site in Netscape 7.1 and favicon show up
    >in there but not in Internet Explorer. Does one have to do something
    >differently to get to work in Internet Explorer?

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/Author/dhtml/howto/ShortcutIcon.asp

    If not, www.google.com
    Searched English pages for
    favicons

    Me
    why?, Nov 29, 2003

  3. ~¢makey$

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 13:02:26 GMT, ~¢makey$
    <> scribbled:

    >I have attached two examples

    This is not a binaries group, idiot.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Nov 29, 2003
  4. ~¢makey$

    Patrick Guest

    ~¢makey$ wrote:
    > Why?
    > I did not see anything you suggested that would solve my dilemma why
    > favicons work in Netscape and not in Internet Explorer.
    > I have attached two examples which are current as of this morning.
    >
    > "why?" <fgrirp*sgc@VAINY!Qznq.fpvragvfg.pbz> wrote in message
    >>
    >> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:37:21 GMT, ~¢makey$ wrote:
    >>
    >>> Quite some time ago somebody on one of the newsgroups showed me how
    >>> to make favicons and how to insert into webpage. I did what was
    >>> told and could not

    >> http://www.favicon.com/
    >> http://www.clickfire.com/viewpoints/articles/favicons.php
    >>
    >>> get it to work and gave up on doing it but left the code in their.
    >>> Low and behold, yesterday I opened the same site in Netscape 7.1
    >>> and favicon show up in there but not in Internet Explorer. Does
    >>> one have to do something differently to get to work in Internet
    >>> Explorer?

    >> http://msdn.microsoft.com/workshop/Author/dhtml/howto/ShortcutIcon.asp
    >>
    >> If not, www.google.com
    >> Searched English pages for
    >> favicons
    >> Results 1 - 10 of about 8,230. Search took 0.18 seconds.
    >>

    >> Me

    What I just did, is went to that address, dragged the 'E' favicon to
    desktop, shortcut showed the '4' favicon, closed IE, clicked the link, the
    '4' favicon was thiere on site.

    --
    might be helpfull ! :)
    Patrick, Nov 29, 2003
  5. ~¢makey$

    why? Guest

    Yes, it's me, had to swap ISPs to reply as someone posted 2 binary
    files in a text group and my main ISP kindly filtered these messages
    out.

    <> wrote:

    >Why?
    >I did not see anything you suggested that would solve my dilemma why
    >favicons work in Netscape and not in Internet Explorer.
    >I have attached two examples which are current as of this morning.

    Out of all the 8230 hits google found?

    Don't forget there are MSIE newsgroups as well.

    >> On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 04:37:21 GMT, ~¢makey$ wrote:
    >>
    >> >Quite some time ago somebody on one of the newsgroups showed me how to

    >make
    >> >favicons and how to insert into webpage. I did what was told and could

    >not

    <snip>

    why?, Nov 29, 2003
  6. ~¢makey$

    ~¢makey$ Guest

    Fortunately most of the people in this newsgroup are here to try and help.
    Some in the minority have no consideration for the fact that all of us do
    not know the "ins and outs" of newsgroups and will make errors. If I made a
    grievous error by posting small examples to make my point, I apologize as I
    was not aware that it was a no no! For you "-= Hawk =-" I hope your crude
    remark made your biceps and chest size temporarily bigger or whatever other
    part of your body it may have increased. Some people get off slamming
    people and kicking their pets! See your physiologist for help!

    Thanks to the rest of you!

    ~¢makey$, Nov 29, 2003
  7. ~¢makey$

    ~¢makey$ Guest

    Patrick,
    That did work on the desktop, why do you suppose it doesn't show in the
    address bar in Internet Explorer? What you did does work, but appears one
    has create a desktop shortcut for each site. Is there a way around having
    to do that?
    Thanks for your positive input on this, I appreciate it.

    ~¢makey$, Nov 29, 2003
  8. ~¢makey$

    -= Hawk =- Guest

    On Sat, 29 Nov 2003 21:54:14 GMT, "~¢makey$"
    <> scribbled:

    >Fortunately most of the people in this newsgroup are here to try and help.
    >Some in the minority have no consideration for the fact that all of us do
    >not know the "ins and outs" of newsgroups and will make errors. If I made a
    >grievous error by posting small examples to make my point, I apologize as I
    >was not aware that it was a no no! For you "-= Hawk =-" I hope your crude
    >remark made your biceps and chest size temporarily bigger or whatever other
    >part of your body it may have increased. Some people get off slamming
    >people and kicking their pets! See your physiologist for help!

    When you get over yourself and dry your tears perhaps
    you should look into the difference between the binaries
    and the text groups, ya fucking crybaby.

    Riddles II, v3
    - T. Pratchett
    -= Hawk =-, Nov 29, 2003