    if I hadn't bookmarked the site at all.

    Anyway thanks for any help

    John
    John, Dec 14, 2003

  2. John

    DeMoN LaG Guest

    John <> wrote in news:n6sntv4vut4hg0vital7v47s8qlrrim7gq@
    4ax.com:

    > I've visited a couple of website and the favicon seemed to appear on
    > every page even if I hadn't bookmarked every page, and sometimes even
    > if I hadn't bookmarked the site at all.

    Depending on what browser you use, there is a different way favicon's work.

    IE automatically looks for /favicon.ico when you bookmark a page.

    Mozilla/Gecko based browsers only fetch an icon if the page specifies and
    icon. If the site you look at only specifies the icon (through <link
    rel="Shortcut Icon" href="whatever.whatever">, in the <HEAD> of a document)
    on some pages, you will only get the icon on some pages. That's by design.

    --
    AIM: FrznFoodClerk
    email: de_on-lag@co_cast.net (_ = m)
    DeMoN LaG, Dec 14, 2003

  3. John

    Dan Guest

    On Sun, 14 Dec 2003 05:14:36 +0000, John <> wrote...
    | I just wondered how I can get favicon to show on all pages for a
    | website?

    It depends on what browser you are using, and also how the icon is
    specified. See http://www.cursorarts.com/ca_faqif.html#02

    You will get better results if you use both the Link statements in the
    HTML header, and also provide a default icon named "favicon.ico" in
    the root of the server containing the HTML document. There is also a
    web site dedicated to favicons at http://www.favicon.com which might
    have additional info.

    - return address is altered slightly to reduce spam.
    Dan, Dec 14, 2003