Faulty SONY CCD Devices..

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by XP, Oct 10, 2005.

  1. XP

    XP Guest

    XP, Oct 10, 2005

  2. XP

    shannon Guest

    On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:39 +1300, XP wrote:

    > Up date
    >

    > Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta
    >

    > http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >

    > http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >

    > I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >
    > I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?

    Well that's life on the bleeding edge for you.
    I knew it was too soon to go digital.
    :eek:)
    shannon, Oct 10, 2005

  3. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "shannon" <> wrote in message
    > On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:39 +1300, XP wrote:
    >

    >> Up date
    >>

    >> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
    >> Minolta
    >>

    >> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >>

    >> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >>

    >> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >>
    >> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?

    > Well that's life on the bleeding edge for you.
    > I knew it was too soon to go digital.
    > :eek:)

    Nothing wrong with my Olympus camera.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 10, 2005
  4. On Mon, 10 Oct 2005 20:59:39 +1300, XP

    Rogers scored another bit of crap hardware...
    gezz, its been months since his last purchase...
    John in Surrey, Oct 10, 2005
  5. > Well that's life on the bleeding edge for you.
    > I knew it was too soon to go digital.

    Similar to my thoughts.
    However Canon have just announced the release of a full-frame(!) 35mm sensor
    DSLR (no more of this 1.5x magnification rubbish). Now if Nikon come to the
    party and release something similar, I'll be interested...
    (says he who has a selection of fantastic Nikon SLR lenses who doesn't see
    the point of starting all over again...)
    Fortitudo Dei, Oct 11, 2005
  6. XP

    SNOman Guest

    XP wrote:

    > Up date
    >

    > Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta
    >

    > http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >

    > http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >

    > I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >
    > I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?

    You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.
    SNOman, Oct 12, 2005
  7. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    > XP wrote:
    >>

    >> Up date
    >>

    >> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
    >> Minolta
    >>

    >> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >>

    >> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >>

    >> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >>
    >> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
    >>

    > You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    > problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
    working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 12, 2005
  8. XP

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:36:42 +1300, SNOman <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:
    >>

    >> Up date
    >>

    >> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta
    >>

    >> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >>

    >> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >>

    >> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >>
    >> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
    >>

    >You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    That info came from the links above..
    XP, Oct 12, 2005
  9. XP

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:05:05 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >"SNOman" <> wrote in message
    >> XP wrote:
    >>>

    >>> Up date
    >>>

    >>> Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
    >>> Minolta
    >>>

    >>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >>>

    >>> http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >>>

    >>> I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >>>
    >>> I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
    >>>

    >> You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >> problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    >If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
    >working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    CRAP..
    XP, Oct 12, 2005
  10. XP

    SNOman Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>XP wrote:
    >>

    >>>Up date
    >>>

    >>>Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
    >>>Minolta
    >>>

    >>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >>>

    >>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >>>

    >>>I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >>>
    >>>I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
    >>>

    >>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    > If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
    > working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    But it's not working well, hence my post above stating this :) i.e it
    exhibits the no image on LCD problem
    SNOman, Oct 12, 2005
  11. XP

    SNOman Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 13:36:42 +1300, SNOman <> wrote:
    >

    >>XP wrote:
    >>

    >>>Up date
    >>>

    >>>Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica Minolta
    >>>

    >>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >>>

    >>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >>>

    >>>I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >>>
    >>>I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
    >>>

    >>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    > That info came from the links above..

    Those links only mention Sony, Canon, Nikon and not fuji or konica as
    stated above
    SNOman, Oct 12, 2005
  12. XP

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:02:00 +1300, SNOman <> wrote:

    >E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> "SNOman" <> wrote in message

    >>>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >>>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    >> If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
    >> working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge
    >>

    >But it's not working well, hence my post above stating this :) i.e it
    >exhibits the no image on LCD problem

    Thats the problem with E. Scrooge he never has a clue, it seems he just fell
    out of his tree.
    XP, Oct 12, 2005
  13. XP

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:03:13 +1300, SNOman <> wrote:

    >XP wrote:

    >>>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >>>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    >> That info came from the links above..
    >>

    >Those links only mention Sony, Canon, Nikon and not fuji or konica as
    >stated above

    Yes it dose here is the mail title line: Oct 8: Fujifilm Advise of Faulty CCD
    Sensors
    XP, Oct 12, 2005
  14. XP

    SNOman Guest

    XP wrote:
    > On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:03:13 +1300, SNOman <> wrote:
    >

    >>XP wrote:

    >>>That info came from the links above..
    >>>

    >>Those links only mention Sony, Canon, Nikon and not fuji or konica as
    >>stated above

    > Yes it dose here is the mail title line: Oct 8: Fujifilm Advise of Faulty CCD
    > Sensors

    Ah, my apologies. I took a quick look at the bottom link and thought it
    was just all camera review stuff.
    SNOman, Oct 12, 2005
  15. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    > E. Scrooge wrote:
    >> "SNOman" <> wrote in message

    >>>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >>>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel
    >>>problem.

    >> If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't
    >> keep working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
    >>
    >> E. Scrooge

    > But it's not working well, hence my post above stating this :) i.e it
    > exhibits the no image on LCD problem

    Fine, but if it's only the LCD screen then that's going to have very little
    to do with the CCD chip that Roger is going about.
    If you can still take good pictures and transfer them to the computer then
    your CCD must still be working okay.

    If you've bought your camera from a proper retailer instead of some cheap
    could hardly care less mail order outfit, then you might as well see what
    your ratailer can do about it.

    I also noticed that you stated the year and model of your Fuji camera - NOT.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 12, 2005
  16. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "XP" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:02:00 +1300, SNOman <>
    > wrote:
    >
    >>E. Scrooge wrote:
    >>> "SNOman" <> wrote in message

    >>> If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't
    >>> keep
    >>> working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
    >>>
    >>> E. Scrooge
    >>>

    >>But it's not working well, hence my post above stating this :) i.e it
    >>exhibits the no image on LCD problem

    > Thats the problem with E. Scrooge he never has a clue, it seems he just
    > fell
    > out of his tree.

    He didn't state that it couldn't take pictures. If your CCD was stuffed
    could you still take pictures, genius? His LCD sreen sounds like a entirely
    different problem that probably isn't the first to have ever happened
    either. The LCD could be stuffed without the main CCD chip being stuffed.
    You've read enough about LCD screens, and what can effect them, genius.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 12, 2005
  17. XP

    XP Guest

    On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 16:46:15 +1300, "E. Scrooge" <scrooge@*shot.co.nz
    (*sling)> wrote:

    >"XP" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 12 Oct 2005 15:02:00 +1300, SNOman <>
    >> wrote:

    >>>But it's not working well, hence my post above stating this :) i.e it
    >>>exhibits the no image on LCD problem

    >> Thats the problem with E. Scrooge he never has a clue, it seems he just
    >> fell
    >> out of his tree.

    >He didn't state that it couldn't take pictures. If your CCD was stuffed
    >could you still take pictures, genius?

    NO

    > His LCD sreen sounds like a entirely
    >different problem that probably isn't the first to have ever happened
    >either. The LCD could be stuffed without the main CCD chip being stuffed.
    >You've read enough about LCD screens, and what can effect them, genius.
    >
    >E. Scrooge

    I think this is way above your head..
    XP, Oct 12, 2005
  18. XP

    -=rjh=- Guest

    E. Scrooge wrote:
    > "SNOman" <> wrote in message
    >
    >>XP wrote:
    >>

    >>>Up date
    >>>

    >>>Yes stuff up a Range of Cameras, Sony, Canon, Fujifilm, Nikon, Konica
    >>>Minolta
    >>>

    >>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photol...n_advise_users_of_digital_camera_problems.php
    >>>

    >>>http://www.livingroom.org.au/photolog/2005/10/index.php
    >>>

    >>>I rang Sony here, they did not know a Thing..
    >>>
    >>>I wonder how many people have been charged to get it fixed..?
    >>>

    >>You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of product
    >>problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD panel problem.

    > If it's working well then there's nothing to say that your camera won't keep
    > working well for you as long as you don't start throwing it around.
    >
    > E. Scrooge

    Oh, rubbish. Maybe you should do a little research before making
    assumptions?

    The problem is that these sensors have been built using a type of epoxy
    that absorbs moisture, so over time, the problem is likely to occur no
    matter how you physically treat your camera.

    Affected cameras:

    From http://hardware.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=164895&cid=13762631

    Digital still cameras

    * Canon:
    o Digital IXUS V3, Digital IXUS II, Digital IXUS II2
    o IXY DIGITAL 320, IXY DIGITAL 30, IXY DIGITAL 30a
    o PowerShot A60, PowerShot A70, PowerShot A75, PowerShot
    A300, PowerShot A310

    * Fujifilm:
    o FinePix A303 (serial 3100****, 3101****, 3JA4****, 3JA5****)
    o FinePix F410 (serial 3100****-3105****, 32A1****, 32A6****,
    32A7****, 32A9****)
    o FinePix F700 (serial 3312****, 3313****, 33A0****,
    3402****, 34A1****)
    o FinePix S2Pro (serial 310110**-310115**, 320000**-320008**,
    330000**-340001**)

    * Konica Minolta:
    o DiMAGE 7i, DiMAGE 7Hi, DiMAGE A1, DiMAGE F300, DiMAGE S414,
    DiMAGE Xi, DiMAGE Xt, DiMAGE X20
    o Digital Genba Kantoku DG-2, DG-3Z, DG-4W

    * Sony:
    o DSC-F717
    o DSC-P2, DSC-P7, DSC-P8, DSC-P10, DSC-P12, DSC-P31, DSC-P32,
    DSC-P51, DSC-P52, DSC-P71, DSC-P72, DSC-P92
    o DSC-U10, DSC-U20, DSC-U30, DSC-U60
    o DSC-V1
    o MVC-CD250, MVC-CD400, MVC-CD500
    o MVC-FD100, MVC-FD200

    Digital video cameras

    * Canon:
    o Elura 40 MC, Elura 50
    o FV40, FV50, FV300, FV400
    o IXY DV3, IXY DV5
    o MV5i, MV5i MC, MV6i MC, MV600i, MV630i, MV650i, MV700i,
    MV730i, MV750i
    o ZR60, ZR65 MC, ZR70MC, ZR80, ZR85, ZR90

    * Sony:
    o CCD-MC100
    o CCD-TRV106K, CCD-TRV107E, CCD-TRV116, CCD-TRV118,
    CCD-TRV128, CCD-TRV218E, CCD-TRV228, CCD-TRV228E, CCD-TRV318,
    CCD-TRV328, CCD-TRV418, CCD-TRV418E, CCD-TRV428, CCD-TRV428E
    o DCR-DVD91E, DCR-DVD100, DCR-DVD100E, DCR-DVD101,
    DCR-DVD101E, DCR-DVD200, DCR-DVD200E, DCR-DVD300
    o DCR-HC14E, DCR-HC15, DCR-HC15E, DCR-HC16E, DCR-HC18E,
    DCR-HC20, DCR-HC20E, DCR-HC30, DCR-HC30E
    o DCR-IP5, DCR-IP5E, DCR-IP7E, DCR-IP45, DCR-IP45E, DCR-IP55,
    DCR-IP55E
    o DCR-PC101, DCR-PC101E, DCR-PC101K, DCR-PC103E, DCR-PC105,
    DCR-PC105E, DCR-PC105K, DCR-PC106E, DCR-PC107E, DCR-PC108, DCR-PC108E,
    DCR-PC115, DCR-PC115E, DCR-PC120, DCR-PC120E
    o DCR-TRV14E, DCR-TRV16, DCR-TRV16E, DCR-TRV18, DCR-TRV18E,
    DCR-TRV18K, DCR-TRV19, DCR-TRV19E, DCR-TRV22, DCR-TRV22E, DCR-TRV22K,
    DCR-TRV24E, DCR-TRV25, DCR-TRV25E, DCR-TRV27, DCR-TRV27E, DCR-TRV27PK,
    DCR-TRV33, DCR-TRV33E, DCR-TRV33K, DCR-TRV33PK, DCR-TRV38, DCR-TRV38E,
    DCR-TRV39, DCR-TRV40, DCR-TRV40E, DCR-TRV50, DCR-TRV50E, DCR-TRV147E,
    DCR-TRV240E, DCR-TRV250, DCR-TRV250E, DCR-TRV255E, DCR-TRV260,
    DCR-TRV265, DCR-TRV265E, DCR-TRV340, DCR-TRV340E, DCR-TRV361,
    DCR-TRV460, DCR-TRV460E, DCR-TRV461E, DCR-TRV740, DCR-TRV740E,
    DCR-TRV840, DCR-TRV940, DCR-TRV940E, DCR-TRV950, DCR-TRV950E
    o DCR-VX2000, DCR-VX200E, DCR-VX2100, DCR-VX2100E

    Professional camcorders

    * Sony:
    o DSR-250, DSR-250P
    o DSR-PD150, DSR-PD150P, DSR-PD170, DSR-PD170P, DSR-PDX10,
    DSR-PDX10P

    Other products

    * Sony:
    o Clie PEG-NZ90

    HTH
    -=rjh=-, Oct 12, 2005
  19. XP

    Jerry Guest

    SNOman wrote:
    > XP wrote:
    >

    >>> You mention Fuji. Where's the link with the acknowledgement of
    >>> product problems? I've got a Fuji that exhibits the no image on LCD
    >>> panel problem.

    >> That info came from the links above..
    >>

    > Those links only mention Sony, Canon, Nikon and not fuji or konica as
    > stated above

    RJHs post is correct. fortunately none of my cams is on it. My
    DCR-TRV15E isn't listed, neither is my Canon EOS or my older fuji :)
    Jerry, Oct 12, 2005
  20. XP

    E. Scrooge Guest

    "-=rjh=-" <> wrote in message
> [...]

    > DCR-PC115, DCR-PC115E, DCR-PC120, DCR-PC120E
    > o DCR-TRV14E, DCR-TRV16, DCR-TRV16E, DCR-TRV18, DCR-TRV18E,
    > DCR-TRV18K, DCR-TRV19, DCR-TRV19E, DCR-TRV22, DCR-TRV22E, DCR-TRV22K,
    > DCR-TRV24E, DCR-TRV25, DCR-TRV25E, DCR-TRV27, DCR-TRV27E, DCR-TRV27PK,
    > DCR-TRV33, DCR-TRV33E, DCR-TRV33K, DCR-TRV33PK, DCR-TRV38, DCR-TRV38E,
    > DCR-TRV39, DCR-TRV40, DCR-TRV40E, DCR-TRV50, DCR-TRV50E, DCR-TRV147E,
    > DCR-TRV240E, DCR-TRV250, DCR-TRV250E, DCR-TRV255E, DCR-TRV260, DCR-TRV265,
    > DCR-TRV265E, DCR-TRV340, DCR-TRV340E, DCR-TRV361, DCR-TRV460, DCR-TRV460E,
    > DCR-TRV461E, DCR-TRV740, DCR-TRV740E, DCR-TRV840, DCR-TRV940, DCR-TRV940E,
    > DCR-TRV950, DCR-TRV950E
    > o DCR-VX2000, DCR-VX200E, DCR-VX2100, DCR-VX2100E
    >
    > Professional camcorders
    >
    > * Sony:
    > o DSR-250, DSR-250P
    > o DSR-PD150, DSR-PD150P, DSR-PD170, DSR-PD170P, DSR-PDX10,

    Fair enough, especialy if the poster's Fuji model of camera is mentioned.
    Not will his LCD screen not be working but the camera will hardly be working
    if the CCD is stuffed.

    I don't see my Sony TRV820E amongst them.

    E. Scrooge
    E. Scrooge, Oct 12, 2005