    Why are they not compatible? What could be the problem? I have a Go video 860
    btw.

    Thanks in advance for any advice.

    Gavin23601, Oct 21, 2003

  2. >I bought the office series two today, and the johney english film over the
    >weekend, both brand new and sealed, but neither of them work.
    >

    >Why are they not compatible? What could be the problem? I have a Go video
    >860
    >btw.

    Dunno.

    It's possible that it may be the player. Go Video DVD players aren't very
    good, IMHO.

    If you can, try to get your money back on that player and go with one that's
    made by a Japanese brand, preferrably Panasonic, Sony, JVC, Pioneer, or
    Toshiba. - Reinhart

    LASERandDVDfan, Oct 21, 2003

  3. Gavin23601

    Biz Guest

    Go Video players are junk IMO, you might have gotten a bad one.
    "Gavin23601" <> wrote in message
    > I bought the office series two today, and the johney english film over the
    > weekend, both brand new and sealed, but neither of them work.
    >
    > Weird noises come from inside the player, finally displaying 'disk error'.
    > Althought I once got the office to work, but it was very very glitchey.
    >
    > Thing is though, I tried them in my PS2, and they both work fine, clear as
    > anything.
    >
    > And the player is only a week old, and works fine with no problems on the

    other

    Biz, Oct 21, 2003
  4. Gavin23601

    Pug Fugley Guest

    Well, you can't expect too much from a low end $39 DVD player. I say avoid
    GoVideo players and spend some money..at least $100 to get a GOOD player.

    Pug Fugley, Oct 21, 2003
  5. Gavin23601

    Stan Brown Guest

    In article <> in
    alt.video.dvd, Gavin23601 <> wrote:
    >I bought the office series two today, and the johney english film over the
    >weekend, both brand new and sealed, but neither of them work.
    >
    >Weird noises come from inside the player, finally displaying 'disk error'.
    >Althought I once got the office to work, but it was very very glitchey.

    That sounds like what I had with my Hitachi player. It made weird
    noises and came up with "no disc" -- but only on one particular
    disk. I tried another from my collection and it was fine.

    Then about a week later it started doing that with every disk I put
    in. Your mileage may vary, of course, but you might want to start
    watching ads for a new player unless yours is still in warranty.

    http://OakRoadSystems.com

    Stan Brown, Oct 22, 2003