    I have entered takbar settings and set the systray icon to "Always show"
    and this makes no difference to the problem.
    Mike W
    Mike W, Aug 27, 2007

  2. Mike W

    Mr. Arnold Guest

    "Mike W" <> wrote in message
    news:myzAi.23864$...

    > XP pro SP2
    > I am using the Belkin bluetooth software, which works fine for a day or so
    > then suddenly I find that the bluetooth task icon has dissapeared from the
    > systray. In taskbar properties I find that the icon has moved from current
    > items into past items, and on opening the My Bluetooth Places folder I
    > find
    > it totally empty. One time it came back into systray after re-starting the
    > computer but mostly I have to re-install the software. or use system
    > restore
    > if I happem to have a restore point which was set when the bluetooth was
    > in
    > working order.
    > It did just the same thing with my old pc with SP1, so I know its not the
    > computer at fault.
    > Anyone else had this problem with Belkin, or can you suggest what the
    > cause
    > might be ?
    > I have entered takbar settings and set the systray icon to "Always show"
    > and this makes no difference to the problem.

    Win 2K and XP will loose and not show an icon in the job trey. Sometimes you
    can boot the machine and an icon that was not showing will come back, and
    other times, it won't comeback at all. From what I understand, icons not
    showing and showing are due to a corrupted user profile. The program is
    still running even though you don't see its icon in the job trey. Where you
    should be going to check if something is running or not is Task Manager.
    Mr. Arnold, Aug 27, 2007