Faulting application error occured while installing SQL Server service pack 3a(sp3a) on Windows Serv

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Joshua Son, Mar 16, 2007.

  1. Joshua Son

    Joshua Son Guest

    I downloaded SQL Server service pack 3a for my Windows Server 2003 Ent 64 bit Edition which is based on Xeon CPU(x64).
    I went through setup manual as double-clicking setup.exe.
    After I agree with the terms(? I don't remember what it meant...anyway), it just hid off the screen.
    I couldn't find any window of the setup screen.
    Believe me...
    There isn't any setup window on my screen...I tried Ctrl + tab several times.
    But there is process named setupsql.exe (*32).
    And it doesn't go off..
    I found the error code in event viewer as follow
    Source: Application
    ID: 1000
    Faulting application _INS5576._MP, version 5.53.168.0, stamp 40c8b025,
    faulting module INS5576._MP, version 5.53.168.0,
    fault address 0x00058484.

    Please reply me
    Thx

    Joshua Son, Mar 16, 2007