  1. neville

    neville Guest

    What does it mean when it says fatal exception.
    neville, Feb 15, 2005

  2. mentalguy2004, Feb 15, 2005

  3. neville

    neville Guest

    My sims house party game is fatally excepting,I had same problem with
    explorer.axe so i took the comp apart but then took it to the shop anywayGot
    it back and noqw its doing it again.Does house party do this on your
    computer.

    neville, Feb 15, 2005
  4. "neville" <> wrote in message
    > My sims house party game is fatally excepting,I had same problem with
    > explorer.axe so i took the comp apart but then took it to the shop
    > anywayGot it back and noqw its doing it again.Does house party do this on
    > your computer.
    > "mentalguy2004" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> "neville" <> wrote in message
    >>> What does it mean when it says fatal exception.
    >>>

    >> http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000223.htm

    I don't have that game, but your PC should be giving you some information
    along with the error, which you may be able to match up with a web search,
    or here:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q150314/

    Try a full virus and spyware scan first, to ensure that nothing "nasty" is
    running when you have the PC on.

    It's possible that something else running on your PC is causing this error,
    you could try disabling all the (unneccesary) programs which start when you
    boot up, and try playing the game again to see if the error re-occurs. If it
    doesn't, then you can re-enable each program one at a time to eliminate the
    problem.
    mentalguy2004, Feb 15, 2005
  5. neville

    Brian G Guest

    neville wrote:
    > What does it mean when it says fatal exception.

    Neville,

    When you have problems with your computer and you are asking for help on
    this or any other newsgroup it would help if you could state the
    specifications of your machine i.e. some or all of the following:

    The operatings system that you are using
    The Processor type/name
    The motherboard name
    Amount and type of RAM
    Size and type of hard disk drive
    Size of PSU
    Type of graphics card
    Type of soundcard

    =====================

    The programs that you are running
    The full error messages that you are getting
    What you were doing on the computer at the time of the error message
    Whether you have 'Googled' for the answer and failed
    Any other information that you think should be stated

    ======================

    Remember that if you want help, then the more 'relevant' information that
    you can give, the better.

    For example, you have asked the question:

    'What does it mean when it says fatal exception'.

    Now to try and answer that - someone (possibly half way around the world
    from where you are) will need some, or all of the following information at
    the very least.

    What programs were you using at the time?
    What operatings system are you using?
    What is the full error message?
    What were you doing on the computer at the time the error message appeared?
    Was your computer overheating?
    What are the computers specifications, memory, hard disk, graphics card etc?
    Is the computer able to actually run the program(s) that you are using?
    What are THEIR specifications?

    Once you have stated the above, that may well be enough for the more
    knowledgeable people on this group to give you the answer to your problem -
    or at least point you in the right direction where you can cure it.

    Regards

    Brian G
    Brian G, Feb 15, 2005
  6. neville

    neville Guest

    It s adell xp

    neville, Feb 15, 2005
  7. neville

    neville Guest

    Its fanis running so it isnt hot.

    neville, Feb 15, 2005
  8. neville wrote:

    > It s adell xp

    Could you be any more vague?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 15, 2005
  9. neville wrote:

    > Its fanis running so it isnt hot.

    Are you sure?

    =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Brian_H=B9=A9?=, Feb 15, 2005
  10. neville

    neville Guest

    Yes I felt inside and its not hot the fan cools it.
    Any actual help would be good.

    neville, Feb 15, 2005
  11. neville

    Brian G Guest

    neville wrote:
    > Yes I felt inside and its not hot the fan cools it.
    > Any actual help would be good.
    > "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message
    >> neville wrote:
    >>
    >>> Its fanis running so it isnt hot.

    >> Are you sure?
    >>
    >>> "Brian G" <> wrote in message

    Neville,

    Please re-read my post to you - it really is for your own good.

    Unless you give a lot more information - along the lines that I suggested -
    then you really will not get the help that you are asking for.

    After doing a very brief Google search there is obviously more than one
    reason for a Fatal Exception message and unless you reproduce the message
    here in its entirety AND give more information then you really are fighting
    a lost cause for any help.

    With regards to your statements -

    "It s adell xp" or "Yes I felt inside and its not hot the fan cools it" -
    thats not enough information to even begin to help you.

    What is 'adel xp'? How to you know the system is not hot, what is the
    temperature of your system? (the hand isn't a very good thermometer - unless
    you stick it in boiling water - and then it only tells you that "it hurt").

    If you really want help and you are unsure of how to phrase your problem, I
    would suggest that you read a large number of the back-posts in this group
    to see how it is done.

    Regards

    Brian G
    Brian G, Feb 15, 2005
  12. neville

    Plato Guest

    neville wrote:

    > What does it mean when it says fatal exception.

    On my pc at home it was due to some extra ram I installed. Turned out
    the recycled ram I used to bump up the pc was bad.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/
    Plato, Feb 16, 2005
  13. neville

    neville Guest

    I meant its a dell xp it has a 40mb hard disc and 256mb of ddr ram memory,a
    cd player for games and a floppy.
    I dont now what else.

    neville, Feb 16, 2005
  14. neville

    Brian G Guest

    neville wrote:
    > I meant its a dell xp it has a 40mb hard disc and 256mb of ddr ram
    > memory,a cd player for games and a floppy.
    > I dont now what else.
    > "Brian G" <> wrote in message
    >> neville wrote:
    >>> Yes I felt inside and its not hot the fan cools it.
    >>> Any actual help would be good.
    >>> "Brian H¹©" <> wrote in message

    Neville,

    I don't run sims but I have googled for information and found nothing
    specific for that program.

    What I have found is a load of links that MAY be of some help to you if you
    are prepared to 'wade' through them - and in fact, towards the end of the
    list there is a url where you can copy and paste the error message and
    possibly get a solution (I have NOT tried it myself).

    If you want to see more, go to www.google.com, advanced search and type
    Fatal Exception(s) or combinations that relate to your problem e.g. if you
    have the original error message, copy and paste that into google and you MAY
    get an answer.

    By the way, should the be a 40Gigabyte hard drive and NOT a 40Megabyte one?

    LINKS BELOW (just click on them and the should take to the relevant sites)

    http://www.all-windows.com/win_exception.html

    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=150314

    http://www.codemicro.com/windows.htm

    http://www.62nds.co.nz/pg/e41.php

    http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/fatlexer.htm

    http://itmanagement.webopedia.com/TERM/F/fatal_error.html

    http://www.getodd.com/fun/cmptr/fatlerr/fatlerr.html

    http://www.byruss.bizland.com/fatal_exception.html

    Regards

    Brian G
    Brian G, Feb 16, 2005
  15. neville

    DW Guest

    Brian G wrote:
    > neville wrote:
    >
    >>I meant its a dell xp it has a 40mb hard disc and 256mb of ddr ram
    >>memory,a cd player for games and a floppy.
    >>I dont now what else.
    >>"Brian G" <> wrote in message

    > Neville,
    >
    > I don't run sims but I have googled for information and found nothing
    > specific for that program.
    >
    > What I have found is a load of links that MAY be of some help to you if you
    > are prepared to 'wade' through them - and in fact, towards the end of the
    > list there is a url where you can copy and paste the error message and
    > possibly get a solution (I have NOT tried it myself).
    >
    > If you want to see more, go to www.google.com, advanced search and type
    > Fatal Exception(s) or combinations that relate to your problem e.g. if you
    > have the original error message, copy and paste that into google and you MAY
    > get an answer.
    >
    > By the way, should the be a 40Gigabyte hard drive and NOT a 40Megabyte one?
    >
    > LINKS BELOW (just click on them and the should take to the relevant sites)
    >
    > http://www.all-windows.com/win_exception.html
    >
    > http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=150314
    >
    > http://www.codemicro.com/windows.htm
    >
    > http://www.62nds.co.nz/pg/e41.php
    >
    > http://www.generation.net/~hleboeuf/fatlexer.htm
    >
    > http://itmanagement.webopedia.com/TERM/F/fatal_error.html
    >
    > http://www.getodd.com/fun/cmptr/fatlerr/fatlerr.html
    >
    > http://www.byruss.bizland.com/fatal_exception.html
    >

    > Regards
    >
    > Brian G

    I think early on it was stated that the likeliest causes of fatal
    exceptions (if you exclude poor quality of the programming itself) was
    an incompatibility of one program with another. I usually make sure I
    have the latest video-card drivers and sound-card drivers, and of that
    doesn't work, to try uninstalling any recent stuff, and if that doesn't
    work then a clean of the hd and a re-install of the Operating system
    followed by the user's programs, one by one.

    dw
    DW, Feb 16, 2005