    Thanks,

    Dan Lingston

    , Sep 24, 2005

  2. Evan Platt Guest

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:32:58 GMT, wrote:

    >Hi there,
    >

    >Is there anyone out there who could help me solve the following
    >problem?
    >
    >I'm running Windows 98 SE. When my computer is shutting down - a split
    >second after it has turned itself off and the screen goes blank - the
    >blue screen appears with the following message:
    >
    >"A fatal exception 06 has occurred at EF00:00000000. The current
    >application will be terminated."
    >
    >I then restart the computer by holding down Ctrl, Alt and Del. When
    >the computer is up and running again, I can shut it down without the
    >blue screen coming up again.
    >
    >This problem started after I had updated Ad-Aware 06.00, so I
    >uninstalled Ad-aware. But to no avail.

    http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=windows 98 fatal exception 06&btnG=Google Search

    Take a look at the first few answers, may be of some help.

    Evan

    Evan Platt, Sep 25, 2005

  3. Guest

    Hi Evan,

    Thanks a lot for your response.

    It looks like that Windows has sorted itself out. Two days after my
    posting, I could shut the computer down without the blue screen
    appearing. So keep fingers crossed.

    I have read the questions in Google and they are very interesting
    indeed. I may need them in the future.

    Take care

    Jason

    On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:57:31 -0700, Evan Platt
    <> wrote:

    >On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 16:32:58 GMT, wrote:
    >

    >>Hi there,
    >>

    >>Is there anyone out there who could help me solve the following
    >>problem?
    >>
    >>I'm running Windows 98 SE. When my computer is shutting down - a split
    >>second after it has turned itself off and the screen goes blank - the
    >>blue screen appears with the following message:
    >>
    >>"A fatal exception 06 has occurred at EF00:00000000. The current
    >>application will be terminated."
    >>
    >>I then restart the computer by holding down Ctrl, Alt and Del. When
    >>the computer is up and running again, I can shut it down without the
    >>blue screen coming up again.
    >>
    >>This problem started after I had updated Ad-Aware 06.00, so I
    >>uninstalled Ad-aware. But to no avail.

    >http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=windows 98 fatal exception 06&btnG=Google Search
    >
    >Take a look at the first few answers, may be of some help.
    >
    >Evan
    >--
    >To reply, remove TheObvious from my e-mail address.

    , Sep 27, 2005