    I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order to
    shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
    errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

    DD Woodford, May 1, 2005

  2. DD Woodford

    DD Woodford Guest

    Correction: I mistyped the error message below is the correct one:
    A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd (01) +
    000004BA. The current application will terminate.

    DD Woodford, May 1, 2005

  3. DD Woodford

    Plato Guest

    DD Woodford wrote:

    > When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:
    >
    > A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
    > 000004BA. The current application will terminate.
    >
    > I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order to
    > shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
    > errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

    A couple things to try one is to boot to safe mode and let himem.sys
    test your ram. Another is to do a FULL scandisk to check for bad areas
    on the drive.

    --
    http://www.bootdisk.com/

    Plato, May 1, 2005
  4. DD Woodford

    127.0.0.1 Guest

    > When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:
    >
    > A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
    > 000004BA. The current application will terminate.
    >
    > I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order
    > to shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
    > errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

    check your fragmentation

    should be in your system drive properties tools defrag.

    if the defrag completes, do an online virus scan...

    -a|ex

    127.0.0.1, May 1, 2005
  5. DD Woodford

    SgtMinor Guest

    DD Woodford wrote:

    > When I go to shut-down or restart, I am getting a blue screen fatal error:
    >
    > A fatal exception 0E has occured at 0028:FF03A1DA in VXD uhcd ()1) +
    > 000004BA. The current application will terminate.
    >
    > I do not know what this means or what it is. Any suggestions? In order to
    > shut down I have to turn off my power strip, which brings up scan disk
    > errors on each start up. I have windows98. TIA

    ""A fatal exception 0E has occurred at 0028:<XXXXXXXX>" error message"

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q189655/

    SgtMinor, May 1, 2005