    What are the possible partitionning schemes i must consider in order
    to have Win98 and WinXP pro on the same computer?

    thanks.
    wassim, Jan 31, 2007

  2. Answer: FAT32 only, partitioned into less than 4GB so that the sector size
    is not too huge as to be unwieldy.

    Remember that Windows 98 cannot see anything formatted using NTFS,
    therefore, if you want Windows 98 to see your Windows XP drive, you must
    format the Windows XP partition(s) using FAT32, which is not the ideal for
    XP. The larger your partition using FAT32, the larger the sector size, and
    the larger the sector size, the larger the wasted disk space on all those
    small files.

    However, given that Windows 98 is NINE YEARS OLD, I see no reason why you
    would even want to install it on a machine, unless the machine itself is
    eight or nine years old, in which case you probably couldn't get XP installed
    on it in the first place.
    (Just curious, but are we talking XP Home, XP Professional, or XP Media
    Edition [which is the same as XP Home]?)

    Remember also, that Windows 98 is no longer supported by Microsoft, so if
    you get any problems you will not be getting any support from them.

    LarryWestMCSD, Jan 31, 2007

  3. wassim

    wassim Guest

    >(Just curious, but are we talking XP Home, XP Professional, or XP Media
    >Edition [which is the same as XP Home]?)

    i meant XP Pro.
    anyway thanks Mr. West
    wassim, Jan 31, 2007
  4. wassim

    AJR Guest

    XP Media Center is XP Pro with several networking features,omitted.

    AJR, Feb 1, 2007
  5. wassim

    AJR Guest

    I'll buy that!