    it says "Enter Current Volume label for drive C:" and I don't know what to
    enter.
    can someone please help, thanks!
    =?Utf-8?B?VHJvZ0Rvcg==?=, Feb 10, 2007

  2. =?Utf-8?B?VHJvZ0Rvcg==?=

    Aaron Kelley Guest

    You simply enter whatever the current volume name is. It's like an "Are you
    sure?" question.
    Check the drive properties. If there is no label, then don't enter
    anything.

    - Aaron

    Aaron Kelley, Feb 10, 2007

  3. =?Utf-8?B?VHJvZ0Rvcg==?=

    Dshai Guest

    The current volume label is the name of the drive, it'll be in drive
    properties or on the next to the letter designation when you open an
    explorer window.

    --

    Dshai

    Life is only limited by those living it...

    Dshai, Feb 10, 2007
  4. Hello,
    Open a cmd prompt:
    You can use Vol command to display the Label:
    You can use Label command to change the label:
    Examples below

    E:\>label /?
    Creates, changes, or deletes the volume label of a disk.

    LABEL [drive:][label]
    LABEL [/MP] [volume] [label]

    drive: Specifies the drive letter of a drive.
    label Specifies the label of the volume.
    /MP Specifies that the volume should be treated as a
    mount point or volume name.
    volume Specifies the drive letter (followed by a colon),
    mount point, or volume name. If volume name is specifi
    the /MP flag is unnecessary.

    E:\>label G: Media

    E:\>vol /?
    Displays the disk volume label and serial number, if they exist.

    VOL [drive:]

    E:\>vol g:
    Volume in drive G is Media
    Volume Serial Number is 62F0-3BD1