    Does all this sound reasonable? Being able to copy directly to the DVD disk
    would take out about 1 hour from the process.

    G&D
    George &The Dragon, Dec 16, 2004

  2. George &The Dragon

    kaydigi Guest

    "George &The Dragon" <> wrote in message
    > I'm new at backing up my dvds. I've backed up ~ 6 so far. I started out
    > using three programs - dvd decrypter to take out the copy protection, dvd
    > shrink to make backup files, and ImgTool to burn to my dvd. Then I found
    > that in most cases dvd decrypter wasn't necessary and dvd shrink works ok
    > on its own. So I use this to copy the DVD to VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS files
    > on the hard drive because if I try to make an ISO disk image dvd shrink
    > bombs with a "not enough disk space error" at 3.99 gb. ImgTool then burns
    > the VIDEO files flawlessly to the disk.

    It's your Hard Drive, you have to format it NTFS. Using FAT32 it can't read
    files over 4 gigs.
    kaydigi, Dec 16, 2004

  3. George &The Dragon

    Omarichu Guest

    >I'm new at backing up my dvds.

    This isn't the ng for clueless thieves to get help stealing other people's
    property. Go away.
    Omarichu, Dec 16, 2004
  4. > It's your Hard Drive, you have to format it NTFS. Using FAT32 it can't
    > read files over 4 gigs.

    Thanks Kaydigi. I don't know why I didn't realise this before. I have a
    dedicated drive for video work but usually use it only for my own home
    video. I haven't had this error message before because I use Pinnacle
    software (Studio 8) for editing personal video and DVD Movie Factory to edit
    and burn them. One disk is NTFS. The other is FAT32. I'll just be careful
    which one I use.

    G&D
    George &The Dragon, Dec 16, 2004
  5. > This isn't the ng for clueless thieves to get help stealing other people's
    > property. Go away.

    HAHAHAHAHAHA
    Have you actually read the posts in this ng?

    What an idiot
    <PLONK>
    George &The Dragon, Dec 16, 2004