    Also, it needs to be below $400. If I really had to I would settle
    for 4 mp.

    , Sep 7, 2004

  2. Gymmy Bob Guest

    Good luck! The figures are never published.

    Gymmy Bob, Sep 7, 2004

  3. Alan Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Does anyone here have an opinion to what is the fastest digital camera
    > at 5.0 mp?
    >
    > My old camera had a delay between pushing down the button and taking
    > the photo.
    >
    > I need one that I can take several photos in a short period of time.
    > I can't afford to wait seconds until the camera is ready to take
    > another photo.
    >
    > Also it would be good if it worked well in indoor situations. As that
    > is often what I use it for.
    >
    > Also, it needs to be below $400. If I really had to I would settle
    > for 4 mp.

    You may have to up your budget and get a DSLR, as these have the shortest
    shutterlag of any digital (as fast as a film SLR), but at a price. Also
    great indoors with the right lens.

    Alan.

    Alan, Sep 8, 2004
  4. () writes:

    >Does anyone here have an opinion to what is the fastest digital camera
    >at 5.0 mp?

    >I need one that I can take several photos in a short period of time.
    >I can't afford to wait seconds until the camera is ready to take
    >another photo.

    >Also it would be good if it worked well in indoor situations. As that
    >is often what I use it for.

    >Also, it needs to be below $400. If I really had to I would settle
    >for 4 mp.

    I'd suggest you look at the Sony DSC-P100 or DSC-W1 (similar electronics /
    optics, slightly different form factor). Both are 5.1MP, should be $399. I
    don't know if it's the fastest, but it's very fast, and has several burst
    picture modes which can take pictures even faster.

    Bill
    --
    @@@@@@@ If my laptop battery is almost empty,
    * @@@ * shouldn't my laptop be lighter?

    Bill Sheppard, Sep 9, 2004
  5. Gymmy Bob Guest

    Burst pictures modes? ....after the long focus and exposure settings. Don't
    let that speed fool ya'

    Gymmy Bob, Sep 10, 2004
  6. richard Guest

    I bought the Sanyo Xacti VPC-J4EX because I wanted something quick (unlike
    the canon ixus of my father in law). It is 4 Mpixels and I am very satisfied
    with the results. Ready after 1.5 seconds after power on and taking pictures
    is like handling an analog camera. Of course it needs some time to focus but
    so does an analog camera, but after that when the button is fully pushed it
    takes the picture instantly and is ready for anothe shot in no time..

    <> schreef in bericht

    richard, Oct 27, 2004
  7. Larry Guest

    In article <f423f3e3.0409070936.dd5efd6
    @posting.google.com>, says...
    > Does anyone here have an opinion to what is the fastest digital camera
    > at 5.0 mp?
    >
    > My old camera had a delay between pushing down the button and taking
    > the photo.
    >
    > I need one that I can take several photos in a short period of time.
    > I can't afford to wait seconds until the camera is ready to take
    > another photo.
    >
    > Also it would be good if it worked well in indoor situations. As that
    > is often what I use it for.
    >
    > Also, it needs to be below $400. If I really had to I would settle
    > for 4 mp.

    At the time it was reviewed on dpreview the Sony V1 was the
    fastest the reviewer had used (I have one and it is pretty
    quick)

    Im sure there are some that are faster, but the 5mp V1 can
    be had (if you can find it) for under $400 (US) now.

    Its only drawback is the memory stick, but I dont find that
    to be a big problem. Lexar makes memory sticks that sell
    for the same price as CF cards for the same size memory.

    --
    Larry Lynch
    Mystic, Ct.

    Larry, Oct 28, 2004