FasterFox v0.7.3

Discussion in 'Firefox' started by Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2005.

  1. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.

    * Prefetch Links
    Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently

    * Tweak Network
    Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    cache, and initial paint delay.

    * Block Popups
    A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    included.

    * Page Load Timer New!
    A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    of your settings.

    http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    should get it for you.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be

    Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2005

  2. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:

    > I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    > uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    > install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    > Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
    >
    > * Prefetch Links
    > Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    > prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
    >
    > * Tweak Network
    > Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    > settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    > cache, and initial paint delay.
    >
    > * Block Popups
    > A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    > included.
    >
    > * Page Load Timer New!
    > A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    > of your settings.
    >
    > http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    > should get it for you.

    sorry downloads link no good.

    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 10/7/05 10:47:57 PM
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2005

  3. Old Gringo

    gwtc Guest

    Old Gringo wrote:

    > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    > Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
    >

    >>I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    >>uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    >>install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    >>Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
    >>
    >> * Prefetch Links
    >> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    >>prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
    >>
    >> * Tweak Network
    >> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    >>settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    >>cache, and initial paint delay.
    >>
    >> * Block Popups
    >> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    >>included.
    >>
    >> * Page Load Timer New!
    >> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    >>of your settings.
    >>
    >>http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    >>should get it for you.

    > sorry downloads link no good.

    it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
    http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

    gwtc, Oct 8, 2005
  4. Old Gringo

    Wayne Guest

    gwtc wrote:
    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    >> Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
    >>

    >>> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    >>> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    >>> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    >>> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> * Prefetch Links
    >>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    >>> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
    >>> * Tweak Network
    >>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    >>> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    >>> cache, and initial paint delay.
    >>> * Block Popups
    >>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    >>> included.
    >>> * Page Load Timer New!
    >>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    >>> of your settings.
    >>>
    >>> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    >>> should get it for you.

    >> sorry downloads link no good.
    >>

    > it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
    > http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

    How do you uninstall this? I can't find it?
    Thanks

    Wayne, Oct 8, 2005
  5. Old Gringo

    Wayne Guest

    Wayne wrote:
    > gwtc wrote:
    >> Old Gringo wrote:

    >>> sorry downloads link no good.
    >>>

    >> it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
    >> http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

    > How do you uninstall this? I can't find it?
    > Thanks

    Sorry, I found it.
    Thanks

    Wayne, Oct 8, 2005
  6. Old Gringo

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:

    > I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    > uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    > install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    > Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
    >
    > * Prefetch Links
    > Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    > prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
    >
    > * Tweak Network
    > Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    > settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    > cache, and initial paint delay.
    >
    > * Block Popups
    > A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    > included.
    >
    > * Page Load Timer New!
    > A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    > of your settings.
    >
    > http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    > should get it for you.

    How does this compare to Firetune?
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Oct 8, 2005
  7. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 23:29:38 -0700, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without
    Any Hesitation gwtc Wrote The Following:

    > Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    >> Hesitation Old Gringo Wrote The Following:
    >>

    >>>I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    >>>uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    >>>install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    >>>Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> * Prefetch Links
    >>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    >>>prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
    >>>
    >>> * Tweak Network
    >>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    >>>settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    >>>cache, and initial paint delay.
    >>>
    >>> * Block Popups
    >>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    >>>included.
    >>>
    >>> * Page Load Timer New!
    >>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    >>>of your settings.
    >>>
    >>>http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    >>>should get it for you.

    >> sorry downloads link no good.
    >>

    > it should work. It did for me. Oh well, try this:
    > http://mozdev.dns4.com/fasterfox/

    It did work, just rushed it a bit.
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 10/8/05 9:28:49 AM
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2005
  8. Old Gringo

    Old Gringo Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:28:24 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    Hesitation Jim Scott Wrote The Following:

    > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:
    >
    >> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    >> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    >> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    >> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
    >>
    >> * Prefetch Links
    >> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    >> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
    >>
    >> * Tweak Network
    >> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    >> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    >> cache, and initial paint delay.
    >>
    >> * Block Popups
    >> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    >> included.
    >>
    >> * Page Load Timer New!
    >> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    >> of your settings.
    >>
    >> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    >> should get it for you.

    > How does this compare to Firetune?

    Never did a comparison. Prior to this I used TweakNetwork. Like
    FasterFox better. I guess all of the extensions and themes are of
    personal choice. Some do and some don't. :)
    --
    Old Gringo
    The Future Is Not What It Use To Be
    Freedom For The World 10/8/05 10:05:14 AM
    http://www.nuboy-industries.com

    Old Gringo, Oct 8, 2005
  9. Old Gringo

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 15:07:18 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:

    > On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 14:28:24 GMT, in the alt.fan.mozilla Without Any
    > Hesitation Jim Scott Wrote The Following:
    >
    >> On Sat, 08 Oct 2005 03:45:41 GMT, Old Gringo wrote:
    >>
    >>> I just updated v 0.7.3 and it is fantastic. You will need to
    >>> uninstall any old versions first and then go here to download and
    >>> install v 0.7.3 http://fasterfox.mozdev.org/
    >>> Fasterfox - performance and network tweaks for Firefox.
    >>>
    >>> * Prefetch Links
    >>> Dynamic speed increases can be obtained with Firefox's unique
    >>> prefetching mechanism, which recycles idle bandwidth by silently
    >>>
    >>> * Tweak Network
    >>> Fasterfox allows you to tweak many network and rendering
    >>> settings such as simultaneous connections, pipelining, cache, DNS
    >>> cache, and initial paint delay.
    >>>
    >>> * Block Popups
    >>> A popup blocker for popups initiated by Flash plug-ins is also
    >>> included.
    >>>
    >>> * Page Load Timer New!
    >>> A millisecond accurate page load timer tests the effectiveness
    >>> of your settings.
    >>>
    >>> http://downloads.mozdev.org/fasterfox/fasterfox-0.7.3-fx.xpi This
    >>> should get it for you.

    >> How does this compare to Firetune?

    > Never did a comparison. Prior to this I used TweakNetwork. Like
    > FasterFox better. I guess all of the extensions and themes are of
    > personal choice. Some do and some don't. :)

    Is fasterfox an extension then?
    Firetune is a stand alone program.
    --
    Jim