    opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
    there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
    least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

    History Fan, Nov 6, 2005

  2. History Fan

    Jim Scott Guest

    On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:51:06 -0500, History Fan wrote:

    > Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
    > opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
    > there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
    > least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

    I have used this, but like you I cannot see a significant difference. I use
    FF 1.5RC1 and otherwise the same as you.
    Perhaps it is meant for W98 or dial-up?
    --
    Jim
    Tyneside UK

    Jim Scott, Nov 6, 2005

  3. History Fan

    Stubby Guest

    History Fan wrote:
    > Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
    > opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
    > there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
    > least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

    It doesn't seem to make a difference to me with 1.0.7 . I believe
    slowness is due to DNS lookups and server slowness. Nothing you can do
    on your machine will help. And, I don't believe you can blame your ISP.

    Stubby, Nov 6, 2005
  4. History Fan

    Riderhood Guest

    Jim Scott wrote:
    > On Sun, 6 Nov 2005 10:51:06 -0500, History Fan wrote:
    >

    >> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
    >>opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
    >>there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
    >>least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

    > I have used this, but like you I cannot see a significant difference. I use
    > FF 1.5RC1 and otherwise the same as you.
    > Perhaps it is meant for W98 or dial-up?

    I hqave w98 and dial-up and I coudn't tell any difference. Maybe even a
    little more sluggish. I uninstalled it.

    Riderhood

    Riderhood, Nov 6, 2005
  5. History Fan

    Monty Guest

    "History Fan" <> wrote:

    > Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
    >opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to tell if
    >there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not slower, at
    >least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a DSL connection.

    My PC runs the same specs as yourself and I did not notice any
    difference in speed. I currently have it uninstalled.

    Monty, Nov 8, 2005
  6. History Fan

    R Hickey Guest

    Monty <> wrote in

    > "History Fan" <> wrote:
    >
    >> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
    >>opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to
    >>tell if there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not
    >>slower, at least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a
    >>DSL connection.
    >>

    > My PC runs the same specs as yourself and I did not notice any
    > difference in speed. I currently have it uninstalled.

    I would have to second that. I tried Fasterfox and didn't notice any
    appreciable speed increase. Maybe it did -- maybe it didn't.

    I uninstalled it the other day after reading the first postings in this
    thread and haven't regreted it a bit. It's not a bad extension, it just
    isn't a real useful (IMO) one...

    R Hickey, Nov 8, 2005
  7. I have it on a Win ME system; can't say that I've noticed anything
    different.

    Harold Drabkin, Nov 8, 2005
  8. History Fan

    xModem Guest

    On Tue, 08 Nov 2005 15:08:39 GMT, R Hickey <> wrote:

    >Monty <> wrote in
    >
    >> "History Fan" <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Has anyone tried the Fasterfox extension? If so, what are your
    >>>opinions of it? I installed it yesterday, and so far, it's hard to
    >>>tell if there is any difference in speed. The speed is certainly not
    >>>slower, at least. I'm using Firefox 1.07 on a XP SP2 computer with a
    >>>DSL connection.
    >>>

    >> My PC runs the same specs as yourself and I did not notice any
    >> difference in speed. I currently have it uninstalled.

    >I would have to second that. I tried Fasterfox and didn't notice any
    >appreciable speed increase. Maybe it did -- maybe it didn't.
    >
    >I uninstalled it the other day after reading the first postings in this
    >thread and haven't regreted it a bit. It's not a bad extension, it just
    >isn't a real useful (IMO) one...

    Ditto. No difference detected here.

    xModem, Nov 11, 2005