    With the 2 standard cards, i got 12 (14 - 2) shots in a minute, with the
    fast PQI card i got 30 shots. Shot to shot times (after first two shots)
    of 5 sec w/ standard cards, 2 sec w/ fast card.

    bk, Sep 10, 2004

  2. On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 10:56:21 -0700, bk <>
    wrote:

    >Faster SD card cuts shot-to-shot time
    >
    >I've tried 3 SD cards in my Pentax Optio 4Si - Belkin efilm, Kingston,
    >and PQI. The first two appear to be standard (256MB), the PQI is a fast
    >card (512MB). PQI doesn't claim any particular speed on its packaging,
    >but i've seen tests (mostly from PDA-land) that show PQI as a fast card.
    >
    >I did the following test: turn off instant review mode, go into
    >continuous shot mode, point camera at a plain background, and see how
    >many shots i get in 1 minute. I subtract two from the "score" because
    >the 4Si has a two shot buffer, which continues to empty after i release
    >the shoot button. With continuous mode i don't think it is refocusing
    >between, but not sure about that.
    >
    >With the 2 standard cards, i got 12 (14 - 2) shots in a minute, with the
    >fast PQI card i got 30 shots. Shot to shot times (after first two shots)
    >of 5 sec w/ standard cards, 2 sec w/ fast card.

    Thanks, very interesting!

    Hans-Georg

    --
    No mail, please.

    Hans-Georg Michna, Sep 10, 2004

  3. bk

    MarkH Guest

    bk <> wrote in news:4141eb6a$:

    > Faster SD card cuts shot-to-shot time
    >
    > I've tried 3 SD cards in my Pentax Optio 4Si - Belkin efilm, Kingston,
    > and PQI. The first two appear to be standard (256MB), the PQI is a fast
    > card (512MB). PQI doesn't claim any particular speed on its packaging,
    > but i've seen tests (mostly from PDA-land) that show PQI as a fast card.
    >
    > I did the following test: turn off instant review mode, go into
    > continuous shot mode, point camera at a plain background, and see how
    > many shots i get in 1 minute. I subtract two from the "score" because
    > the 4Si has a two shot buffer, which continues to empty after i release
    > the shoot button. With continuous mode i don't think it is refocusing
    > between, but not sure about that.
    >
    > With the 2 standard cards, i got 12 (14 - 2) shots in a minute, with the
    > fast PQI card i got 30 shots. Shot to shot times (after first two shots)
    > of 5 sec w/ standard cards, 2 sec w/ fast card.

    This seems like something that is not too much of a big deal on a camera
    with a big buffer, but obviously on you camera it makes quite a noticeable
    difference.

    Maybe anyone with a camera using SD cards that finds the camera too slow to
    clear the buffer should try a faster card like the PQI.

    --
    Mark Heyes (New Zealand)
    See my pics at www.gigatech.co.nz
    understand binary and those that don't"