Fast User Switching Gone

Discussion in 'Computer Support' started by Muse Groops, Jun 3, 2007.

  1. Muse Groops

    Muse Groops Guest

    Muse Groops, Jun 3, 2007

  2. Muse Groops

    Guest

    Muse Groops <> wrote:

    >Fast User Switching is not "Taking" anymore, I tick the box and apply
    >but it still won't work and when I check it, the box is always unticked.
    >I have a feeling it's from applying the suggestions from this site:
    >http://www.jasonn.com/turning_off_unnecessary_services_on_windows_xp
    >
    >But I don't know which one. Or maybe it's something else?
    >
    >Help! Thanks :)

    Fast user switching - I take it you didn't even look :)

    Mine is Stopped and Manual
    --

    http://www.rav.efbnet.com/humour/ohshit-cat.jpg
    , Jun 3, 2007

  3. Muse Groops

    Muse Groops Guest

    wrote:
    > Muse Groops <> wrote:
    >
    >> Fast User Switching is not "Taking" anymore, I tick the box and apply
    >> but it still won't work and when I check it, the box is always unticked.
    >> I have a feeling it's from applying the suggestions from this site:
    >> http://www.jasonn.com/turning_off_unnecessary_services_on_windows_xp
    >>
    >> But I don't know which one. Or maybe it's something else?
    >>
    >> Help! Thanks :)

    > Fast user switching - I take it you didn't even look :)
    >
    > Mine is Stopped and Manual
    > --

    Ah ha! Mine was manual, but it had a dependency on terminal services
    ("This service has a dependency which blahblahblah) which was disabled
    (not anymore)

    Thanks :)

    P.S. I wonder how the cat fared...

    --