    seem to stay after fast user switching in XP. Just as they do not seem
    to stay when you switch in OS X.

    , Sep 1, 2006

  2. Pavel A. Guest

    <> wrote in message news:...
    > Basically I got a wireless switch and a wireless card. When I do a fast
    > user switch to another user, the wireless connection don't stay after
    > switching [it seems to first drops then it re-establishes the
    > (re)connection].

    This may be intentional. Since wireless connections use WEP/WPA keys
    (like user-specific passwords), switching to other user invalidates the
    connection. Now, why the connection does not stay when you select
    KeepRasConnections ? This option does not affect wireless connections.
    Try to find a similar option in the wireless device vendor's software.
    If they don't have such option, try to use Windows witreless support (WZC)
    instead.

    Regards,
    --PA

    Pavel A., Sep 1, 2006

  3. Guest

    Pavel A. wrote:
    > This may be intentional. Since wireless connections use WEP/WPA keys
    > (like user-specific passwords), switching to other user invalidates the
    > connection. Now, why the connection does not stay when you select
    > KeepRasConnections ? This option does not affect wireless connections.
    > Try to find a similar option in the wireless device vendor's software.
    > If they don't have such option, try to use Windows witreless support (WZC)
    > instead.
    >
    > Regards,
    > --PA

    Thanks for the suggestions, but it still re-acquires after switching; I
    was thinking there might be something similar to dialup's
    KeepRasConnection for wireless Lan. Already tried WZC, authenticate
    prior to login, KeepRasConnection and a number of other option...

    Found a guy with the exact problem but with no answer either:
    "When I 'Fast Switch User' from one user account to another in XP, the
    wireless connection is lost. As I log into another user account, the
    wireless card would reset and re-acquire IP address.
    How can I maintain the network connection while switching between user
    accounts?"

    If you anyone experienced the same problem and fixed it, please help.
    Thank you.

    , Sep 4, 2006
  4. Hi JMCZERO,

    I have the exact same problem and can't find a solution - it is driving me
    mad! did you ever get a solution or is it still up in the air? So frustrating
    as whenever I am downloading something and turn my back, someone comes and
    switches user without thinking.....

    would appreciate any help

    cheers

    RIch

    =?Utf-8?B?UmljaGFyZCAoU3lkbmV5IEFVUyk=?=, Nov 8, 2006