    Am i missing something? Is there anything else that's new about it (picture
    quality, special features, etc.)?

    Thanks!

    StephenJ, Nov 6, 2004

  2. StephenJ

    Jason Guest

    Nope, the only thing new is the 5.1 soundtrack. Glad I found out
    before I 'upgraded'.

    Jason, Nov 7, 2004

  3. StephenJ

    Brent Geery Guest

    wrote:

    > I noticed that a new "special edition" was released this past week, but just
    > looking at the package, it appeared that the only thing new about it
    > compared to the 1999 version is that it has 5.1 audio.
    >
    > Am i missing something? Is there anything else that's new about it (picture
    > quality, special features, etc.)?

    Only changes are the new English 5.1 DD and DTS remix, and (I think)
    the Spanish audio track is also new. Also, I believe that they may
    have used a different film print, and re-telecine the video. This
    version certainly is much sharper IMO, but the 5.1 remixing is a
    complete joke.

    --
    BRENT - The Usenet typo king. :)

    Brent Geery, Nov 7, 2004