    amongst the myriad on sale.

    Thanks
    Joy
    Joy, Aug 28, 2003

  2. Joy

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Joy" wrote
    > Could someone comment on what would be termed a 'fast processor,' in

    todays
    > standards?

    Depends on the context... when was the software released, anything available
    at the time, or newer I would deem to be "fast"
    If this info is not available, I have seen the latest version available at
    DSE running on a 500mhz machine, so I think they are dreaming if they think
    it should be any faster.
    T.N.O., Aug 28, 2003

  3. Joy

    Dogg Guest

    As far as Dragon goes, a fast CPU would be something like a Pentium 4
    2.0 or above or maybe an Athlon 2000+ or higher. Basically, the faster
    the better with that application.

    Dogg, Aug 28, 2003
  4. Joy

    Joy Guest

    "Robert Kramer" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:24:07 +1200, Dogg <> wrote:
    >
    > >As far as Dragon goes, a fast CPU would be something like a Pentium 4
    > >2.0 or above or maybe an Athlon 2000+ or higher. Basically, the faster
    > >the better with that application.

    > I don't think so a PIII 1G would be more than enough, its OLD software..

    There's a new version available. PC world had a small article on it and
    said about the need for a fast processor. This was in the latest magazine.
    Joy
    Joy, Aug 28, 2003
  5. Joy

    Ben Perston Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:15:29 +1200, Joy wrote:

    > "Robert Kramer" <> wrote

    >> I don't think so a PIII 1G would be more than enough, its OLD software..

    > There's a new version available. PC world had a small article on it and
    > said about the need for a fast processor. This was in the latest magazine.
    > Joy

    It definitely sucks on a Celery 400 and runs fine on an Athlon 1800MHz
    (XP2200+). With 288 MB ram in the former and 512 in the latter.
    Ben Perston, Aug 28, 2003
  6. Joy

    GraB Guest

    On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:15:29 +1200, "Joy" <> wrote:

    >"Robert Kramer" <> wrote in message
    >> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 16:24:07 +1200, Dogg <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >As far as Dragon goes, a fast CPU would be something like a Pentium 4
    >> >2.0 or above or maybe an Athlon 2000+ or higher. Basically, the faster
    >> >the better with that application.

    >> I don't think so a PIII 1G would be more than enough, its OLD software..

    >There's a new version available. PC world had a small article on it and
    >said about the need for a fast processor. This was in the latest magazine.
    >Joy

    Not long ago an 800MHz would be considered fast. The average Home PC
    is apparently an 800.

    On the Dragon site the recommendation for v7 is:

    * For optimal performance in combination with other applications
    running on your system, an Intel® Pentium® III / 500 MHz processor (or
    equivalent AMD processor) or faster and 256 MB RAM are recommended.
    GraB, Aug 28, 2003
  7. Joy

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "GraB" <> wrote in message
    > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 22:15:29 +1200, "Joy" <> wrote:
    >

    > >"Robert Kramer" <> wrote in message

    > >> I don't think so a PIII 1G would be more than enough, its OLD

    software..

    > >There's a new version available. PC world had a small article on it and
    > >said about the need for a fast processor. This was in the latest

    magazine.
    > >Joy
    > >

    > Not long ago an 800MHz would be considered fast. The average Home PC
    > is apparently an 800.
    >
    > On the Dragon site the recommendation for v7 is:
    >
    > * For optimal performance in combination with other applications
    > running on your system, an Intel® Pentium® III / 500 MHz processor (or
    > equivalent AMD processor) or faster and 256 MB RAM are recommended.

    Well done. From the horse's mouth. I'd say those specs are a little low
    though - going by previous experience with software manufacturer's hardware
    specs. They want people to buy it so want to keep the potential user-base as
    large as possible. I'd say it would be painful to use on a PIII-500. 1Ghz or
    better would be my bet.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Aug 29, 2003
  8. Joy

    GraB Guest

    >> On the Dragon site the recommendation for v7 is:
    >>
    >> * For optimal performance in combination with other applications
    >> running on your system, an Intel® Pentium® III / 500 MHz processor (or
    >> equivalent AMD processor) or faster and 256 MB RAM are recommended.

    >Well done. From the horse's mouth. I'd say those specs are a little low
    >though - going by previous experience with software manufacturer's hardware
    >specs. They want people to buy it so want to keep the potential user-base as
    >large as possible. I'd say it would be painful to use on a PIII-500. 1Ghz or
    >better would be my bet.

    Yes, I figured my Duron 1100 would be good enough.
    GraB, Aug 29, 2003
  9. Joy

    Rob Guest

    "Joy" <> wrote in message news:3f4ec8b8$...

    > "~misfit~" <misfit@'SPAMTRAP'orcon.net.nz> wrote in message
    > > I'd say it would be painful to use on a PIII-500. 1Ghz

    > or
    > > better would be my bet.

    Agreed. Got it running on a p3 550, but it was a dog. Bumped it up to celery
    1ghz with 512ram and ran quite well, though IMHO still slower than typing,
    what with error correction etc.

    > The system I'm using is PIII 500 and it's gotta go. How's it best to

    sell?
    > T&G?
    > Joy

    nz.wanted, t&e ??