Fast paced 5 day traing versus typical training

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by Frank, Feb 11, 2005.

  1. Frank

    Frank Guest

    Only last week after searching Microsoft's site, I learned
    of the MCSDT. Currently, my job title is an electronic
    technician and I work supporting Win2K desktop systems,
    peer-to-peer networks and the like.

    I need to acquire a MCDST within the next month or so. My
    employer is in the process of re-structuring. If I don't
    get something pretty quick; I may be re-assigned into a
    different department .

    Time is critical, therefore, a 5 day cram class seems
    appealing to me at this point. Obviously, there is the
    cost issue. Studying at home and/or on-line would be
    less $.

    I am currently in contact with a facility called (The
    Training Camp) that offers this 5 day fast paced class.

    Any comments about this training center or referrals of
    another facility (especially in the Southeast) would be
    appreciated.
    Frank, Feb 11, 2005

  2. I have personal experience with The Training Camp. While I don't know about
    the MCDST program there. the standard MOC courses are 5 days anywhere not
    just there. If they push the MCDST program like the MCSE Boot Camps you must
    understand this is one of the few facilities that doesn't brain dump.
    Without prior experience and general hands-on knowledge you wont have an
    easy go of it.

    If you feel confident in your skills then you should do fine.

    --
    "The Rev" MCNGP #44
    Microsoft Certified Trainer

    justafreak.com