    appreciated also . Thanks in advance .

    Best regards

    Thomas T.

    NOSPAM, Sep 10, 2004

  2. NOSPAM

    Robert Barr Guest

    NOSPAM wrote:
    > Dear everybody,
    >
    > I'm looking for a P&S Digital Camera about 3.2 - 4M , for around +/- 300
    > USD . I want one that has litlle shutter lag time (and picture quality of
    > course) , mean I want to shoot fast for snapping picture of my baby, that's
    > a big difficult with old generation of Digital P&S . I'm SLR user and have
    > Elan 7E, it forcus very fast with the ECF , that why I don't like slow
    > camera :)

    I finally got rid of my Canon G3 for this reason. That, and there were
    too many 'easy' situations that it just couldn't handle. Maddening. I
    wound up with one of these, to my surprise:

    http://www.steves-digicams.com/2004_reviews/dx7440.html

    I never thought I'd be buying a Kodak.

    This thing is really fast relative to the G3. In reasonable existing
    light, it's very fast. I've seen specs of 0.2 seconds including focus,
    but of course I wouldn't know where to begin measuring an event that
    abrupt. I'd believe the spec, though.

    For the most part, I love the results. It does pretty much everything
    right. The color might be a bit too vivid for some tastes, but that's
    adjustable. So is the sharpness. No RAW output, but so what? It's a
    P&S, but a nice one.

    This is my first venture outside the Canon realm since 1976, and I'm
    glad I got rid of that G3 in favor of this thing (+ $$ back into the bank).

    About $275, give or take.

    [Also a spoiled rotten Elan 7 owner. No ECF, but from my position, it's
    how the other half lives!]

    ,

    Robert Barr, Sep 10, 2004

  3. NOSPAM

    Ron Baird Guest

    Hi Robert,

    Glad to hear you decided on the Kodak. Actually, it is one of the best
    peforming models. I have used the predcessor to it, 6440 and have been very
    pleased. You are in for some great fun. If you think I can help you in the
    future, let me know. I am here.

    Talk to you soon,

    Ron Baird
    Eastman Kodak Company