    What scanner would you recommend that will be noticeably faster then
    what I am currently using that will not break the bank?

    Sam

    Sam Carleton, Oct 13, 2003

  2. Sam Carleton

    PiZzazA Guest

    It seems that you can keep 1640 for larger formats, and a 35 mm film scanner
    just for 35 mm. All recent breed of 35 mm scanners are fast without software
    processing, in the neighborhood of 1 minute per frame for 2800 dpi. If you
    turn on ICE (for those models capable of it), it will take from 5-8 minutes.
    But considering the time you save to clean up the image, it is well worth
    it.

    Since your photos are primarily B&W, depth of shades is more impartant. You
    should consider the Minolta models as their dynamic range is better than
    other brands of the same price range. I would recommend 5400 for about $700.

    PiZzazA, Oct 13, 2003