    takes the Corsair about 3 seconds or maybe a little less. I don't know
    if all cameras can take advantage of a 133x or higher card but I can
    honestly say for sure if you have a FZ-7 it's a must.

    Du_Hicky, Feb 3, 2007

  2. Whether or not your camera can use a high speed card or not depends on your
    camera. It has to support them or no go.

    ljc

    Little Juice Coupe, Feb 3, 2007

  3. Du_Hicky

    timeOday Guest

    It's true there can be a difference. When my 1 GB Kingston "Elite Pro"
    card broke and I was waiting for a new one on warranty, I used an old
    256MB card I bought a few years ago. I had the same problems you cite -
    couldn't keep up with video and a noticeable delay between shots.

    I also noticed the speed difference between another 256 MB card and a
    new 4 GB card in my PocketPC.

    Flash memory is great, and just keeps getting better.

    timeOday, Feb 3, 2007
  4. Du_Hicky

    Shawn Hirn Guest

    In article <45c3d6f3$0$6837$>,
    Du_Hicky <> wrote:

    > I've always used a 66x Sandisk in my digital camera and thought it was
    > pretty fast compared to a regular speed sd card, and I've always heard
    > that digital cameras cannot take advantage of ultra high speed memory
    > cards but now I know from my experience it's not true. I own a FZ-7 and
    > always wonder why my movie mode would stop after a minute and my burst
    > mode would stop after 7 consecutive shots when I had a 66x memory card.
    > So I decided to purchase a cheap 133x Corsair to try out the speed and I
    > was shocked at how fast the camera is now. I can take consecutive shots
    > in burst mode until the memory card is completely full and movie mode
    > does not stop until the memory runs out. Shot to shot was pretty fast
    > with the 66x but with the 133x it's instantaneous. I also tested the
    > Tiff mode and it would take the Scandisk about 7 seconds to load, it
    > takes the Corsair about 3 seconds or maybe a little less. I don't know
    > if all cameras can take advantage of a 133x or higher card but I can
    > honestly say for sure if you have a FZ-7 it's a must.

    To each his own. I shoot photos of landscapes and things that do not
    tend to move around a lot. My camera also has a decent buffer. A fast
    memory card would be a waste of money for me, but each person needs to
    look at their own needs in deciding which camera gear to buy.

    Shawn Hirn, Feb 3, 2007