    hlvdd.dll failed"

    Any help much appreciated.

    J McC

    J-McC, Jul 6, 2007

  2. J-McC

    JD Cantafio Guest

    http://www.dllbank.com/h/hlvdd.dll-download.html

    JD Cantafio, Jul 6, 2007

  3. J-McC

    ded Guest

    "J-McC" <> wrote in message
    >I am having trouble running some programs on my XP-Pro computer.
    > I keep getting a message about HLVDD.DLL either being missing or
    > damaged. I googled it and found several references to it but the
    > sites I went to wanted $9.99 to let me download it. I am a bit
    > suspect of these sites that basically have you by the balls when they
    > are supossed to be assisting you. I have this file (HLVDD.DLL) in my
    > c:\windows\system32 directory, it is 257536 bytes and is dated
    > 16-apr-2007, which might suggest it has been tampered with as this
    > problem is only several months old. My virus and spyware scans are
    > upto date and do not show any thing wrong.
    >
    > I also sometimes get a message about the "FAST hardlock driver
    > hlvdd.dll failed"
    >
    > Any help much appreciated.
    >
    > J McC

    hlvdd.dll = hardlock virtual device driver dynamic link lbrary

    You've installed software that is protected by hardlock.
    Or you haven't resubscribed and paid the fee the for the encyption key.
    The easiest solution is:
    Start>settings>control panel>Add/Remove programs
    and uninstall Hardlock.
    This of course means you won't be able to use the software it was
    protecting, but you probably wasn't anyway.

    Type windows error messages into the knowledgebase:
    http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=&spid=global

    Free hardlock diagnostic tool
    http://www.rocscience.com/downloads/hardlock.asp

    ded, Jul 6, 2007
  4. J-McC

    J-McC Guest

    Thank you for your help, I noticed the d/l version was only 57kb.
    I can not believe how much shit has been attached to my initial post.
    Thanks again
    J-McC

    J-McC, Jul 7, 2007
  5. J-McC